PDA

View Full Version : Table Suggestions?

wooz
08-22-2003, 10:35 PM
First time poster so bear with me. I've been playing pool for several years and consider myself better than average. However I have the opportunity to spend ~$3500 on a table for my new house. I am considering an Olhausen or Brunswick 9ft table. I would appreciate anyone's input on a quality table to buy that fits that price range.
TIA

Sid_Vicious
08-23-2003, 07:56 AM
A friend of mine in the business of maintaining table, including setup swears by Brunswicks, Crown 4s especially. It might cost you more than $3500 if spanking brand new from a retail outlet though. I'd try to rearrange my choices to another pair of tables, the Diamond Pro and the Crown line of Brunswick. The Brunswicks are supposed to be very easy to maintain, keep level, etc. As far as playing, I like the Diamond tables. I haven't played the Olhousen(sp?) enough to have much of an opinion, but they may be more in your price range if buying perfectly new, and retail to boot. A used(but like new) table is how I'd go if I could. Hey! If you can get new, and have it all done the easy way, good luck & enjoy the process!!!sid~~~wishes he had the caps to move into a 9 footer himself

BBCVD
08-23-2003, 08:39 AM
I have owned two Olhausen tables over fifteen years and have no complaints what so ever. When my last table was delivered, the set up guy (who had 25 years of experience) said that while a Brunswick Gold Crown would be his first choice for a home table, any Olhausen table would be his second choice. He said that the brothers who started Olhausen used to set up and service other brands of tables. When they decided to start their own company and design their own tables, that they were able to incorporate the good design features that they had seen from various manufacturers. This resulted in tables that are easier to set up and adjust, and are built solid to hold up to alot of play. This guy felt that for the money, Olhausen tables where the best. Why spend $1500 - $2000 more for a Brunswick?

griffith_d
08-23-2003, 08:19 PM
I have a Connelly oversize 8 and it plays very good. I play on GC's every week at my tournaments and they play very similar. My table cost $3800 with leather pockets, delivered, setup and leveled and lifetime warranty. Very nice table for the price.

GC's brand new cost around $8k+,...you will not even be close. If you can get a used GC, then you will be lucky. I tried for awhile and gave up.

You would not be disappointed with a Connelly. I have played on an Olhausen and they are good tables too. I have not any experience with a Diamond Pro, but they are supposed to be excellent tables.

Griff

SPetty
08-23-2003, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr>I have not any experience with a Diamond Pro, but they are supposed to be excellent tables.<hr /></blockquote>Well, come on up any time you're ready to get some of that Diamond Pro experience! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif