PDA

View Full Version : Rackmup's last stand in the Sunshine State

Kato
08-22-2003, 11:59 PM
I know you all have been dying for this information so here goes.

Dinner, Italian, lot's of food, good stuff. Had to get Ken a good meal at good resturaunt before he went home.

9-ball race to 9.

Ken here played his best pool to date. Getting out from everywhere and playing very consistently. At 2-2 he went on a great tear pounding me into the felt, 9-5.

8-ball race to 7.

I caught a gear here.

At 3-3 again I snuck up on him, winning the set 7-4. He's the better player at this game but I'm pretty sure I got some good rolls and played just good enough to win.

Tie breaker, One Pocket, Race to 5.

This is absolutely sick.

Tied 1-1 something happened, I'm not sure what it was. But Ken will probably tell you some tale or another. I got some great rolls and really played well at a game everyone knows I dispise. The last game I actually ran 8 and out but that wasn't enough, Ken asked me to keep going. When the dust cleared I ran 11 balls before fouling!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Final score 5-1 me. Ken was babbling something about me playing Voodoo for $50 a game and coming out to Texas and giving OPC 9-7. Don't worry Voodoo, I still need 11-4 and the breaks. OPC, nah, I don't think so.

Great time again but unfortunately, Rackemup hates me!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~still a winner today.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Kato,

When are you going to start charging Ken for all those GAME lessons?

Smoking,,,, just Smoking... at least Ken got a good dinner before the whooping..

When are you coming to California to eat some local food and 'teach' me to do 8 and out in 1 hole?

Ken has a good excuse... traveling isn't a good prep to a challenge match. Kato has the advantage playing in the HOME court.

Barbara
08-23-2003, 08:03 AM
Tell me you guys went to that place we all went out to in May when MikeM was down there, too.

Man, that was awesome!

Barbara

Kato
08-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Nope, different place. Still good anyway.

Kato~~~waiting for Ken's take on the evening.

eg8r
08-23-2003, 08:58 PM
While I understand that Ken is not getting the practice time in like he used to, I think this will change things a bit. I vow Ken will win the next confrontation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come on Ken, he cannot be that good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I hope I can get down for the next matchup.

eg8r <~~~wondering...WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!!!!

rackmup
08-24-2003, 09:37 AM
As much as I would like to have a valid excuse (or even a great lie) to make up for my performance, I am left without one.

RJ is simply a better "all around" player than I am. He shoots very steady while I have been sporadic in my performance.

Oddly, it seems my better pool playing came out against a couple of Kato's friends, George and Alex.

George is a very strong player in every game played. I managed to hang with him to a hill-hill battle in an 8-ball tournament at Breakers and played lights out 9-ball against Alex who is no slouch himself.

Kato has my number. The odds are now highly in his favor. Remember this when standing at the betting window.

Regards,

Ken (tired and worn out from this last trip.)

Qtec
08-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Ken , you know what , I ALMOST feel sorry for you . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

rackmup
08-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Q ,

you know what , I ALMOST care . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K (don't feel sorry for me...just send money.)