PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never

Qtec
08-23-2003, 11:26 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/23/tulia.drug.busts/index.html

TULIA, Texas (AP) -- When Kizzie White applies for a job this week, the information on her application form will be different.

The mother of two was one of 38 defendants convicted in a drug sting on the word of an undercover agent who later was charged with perjury. She and 34 other involved in the bust were granted pardons Friday by Gov. Rick Perry.

"We actually can put on our application 'never been convicted of a felony"' said White, 26. "I'm really free, and I thank God I am."

Perry said he was influenced by questions about the testimony of Tom Coleman, the only undercover agent involved in the July 1999 busts.

Coleman worked alone and used no audio or video surveillance to substantiate drug buys he said he made from 46 people from Tulia, a Texas Panhandle town of about 5,100 residents 70 miles north of Lubbock. No drugs or money were found during the arrests.

Of the 46 people arrested, 39 were black, which led civil rights groups to question if the busts were racially motivated.

Charges against seven defendants were dismissed before trial and one defendant died before his trial.

In June, Perry signed a bill allowing the release of the 12 Tulia defendants who were still in prison. Last month, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles unanimously recommended the pardons.

Former state Judge Ron Chapman, who was brought out of retirement to preside over a review of the case this past spring, said in a report filed with an appeals court that Coleman was "the most devious, nonresponsive witness this court has witnessed in 25 years on the bench in Texas."

That document, which also was signed by special prosecutors and defense attorneys, said Coleman's "blatant perjury" during the Tulia prosecutions "so undermines the court's confidence in the validity of the convictions entered in those cases that it would be a travesty of justice to permit the applicants' convictions to stand."

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
08-24-2003, 09:35 AM
So, where is the atta boy for the justice system???? Gosh, you could not do that, there are still other things you deem wrong.

eg8r

Qtec
08-24-2003, 09:59 AM
The point is , it should never have happened . 12 people have done almost 4 years for nothing .

I'm, sure your attitude would quickly change if it happened to you .

Atta a boy . happy now ?

Q

Sid_Vicious
08-24-2003, 11:15 AM
"No drugs or money were found during the arrests."

Some justice system! This country's law and justice personnel generally needs new uniform logos, with the actual SS logos. It's all a bunch of BS here it seems. With the Patriot Act in how ANYONE can be whicked away in a stealth-like mode, and the types of wrongfull incarcerations like this drug related w/o out even the discovery of drugs or money,,,this administration bites. And yes, presidents are all the time pardoning people, real crroks even. They don't want to, plain and simple. Imagine yourself being locked up like that, losing your jobs, probably homes,,,I hope some ambulance chaser cleans house on this one, to show an example!

No drugs or money found. Total bullsh$t!!!sid

Sid_Vicious
08-24-2003, 11:18 AM
"No drugs or money were found during the arrests."

Some justice system! This country's law and justice "system" generally needs new uniform logos, with the actual SS logos. It's all a bunch of BS here it seems. With the Patriot Act and now how ANYONE can be whisked away in a stealth-like mode without legal council rights, and the types of wrongfull incarcerations like this drug related w/o out even the discovery of drugs or money,,,this administration bites. And yes, presidents are "all the time" pardoning people, real crooks even. They don't want to for the poorer folk, plain and simple. Imagine yourself being locked up like that, losing your jobs, probably homes,,,I hope some ambulance chaser cleans house on this one, to show an example!

No drugs or money found. Total bullsh$t!!!sid

eg8r
08-24-2003, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the Patriot Act and now how ANYONE can be whisked away in a stealth-like mode without legal council rights, and the types of wrongfull incarcerations like this drug related w/o out even the discovery of drugs or money,,,this administration bites. <hr /></blockquote> Boy Sid, you said it all. Could you please clarify something for me....was there absolutely ZERO corruption before this administration??? Also, how is Tulia, this administrations fault???????? Give it a break. Clinton was one of the most corrupt Presidents we ever had. What about all the Kennedy's, they are the most corrupt political families in our history. You are no more than a Bush hater with nothing more to say. You cannot even give examples that are peculiar only to this administration. Do you honestly think there has never been an instance in time prior to this administration when a person was picked up by the Feds and no one knew about it???

Every superhero has his little sidekick and Sid Vicious is SuperQ's little sidekick. SuperQ, "The evil empire of the US and its leader Bush must be stopped!!"...Sid (in squeaky little sidekick voice) "Yeah, Bush is bad."

eg8r

Qtec
08-24-2003, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every superhero has his little sidekick and Sid Vicious is SuperQ's little sidekick. SuperQ, "The evil empire of the US and its leader Bush must be stopped!!"...Sid (in squeaky little sidekick voice) "Yeah, Bush is bad."<hr /></blockquote>

You astound me .

One person, ONE, has the courage [ or as you see it , the audacidy ] to agree with me and immediately he is my 'sidekick'?

Q [ speechless /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif]

Hopster
08-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Clinton was one of the most corrupt Presidents we ever had.&lt;--Eg8r

You hit that one right on the head brother. Remind me to buy you a beer.

What about all the Kennedy's, they are the most corrupt political families in our history. &lt;--Eg8r

Once again, a direct hit. That fat slob Teddy and Hillary the disgusting witch that she is would make a nice couple. Maybe he could give her swimming lessons.

Sid_Vicious
08-24-2003, 11:53 PM
"Clinton was one of the most corrupt Presidents we ever had."

Bush ramroded is own war in Iraq, which produced F$ck for evidence of WMD, while Clinton simply got a bj in the whitehouse, weaseled his way out of impeachment with political definitions of the act of sex. You are lame in relaying the two as comparable ED. GW is a "2 generation costing" joke, if he does not create WW3 and kill all of us first. Clinton what? Damn I'm getting worried about the intellegence factor here...sid

Ward
08-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Ed

Can't you respond without name calling. It is getting a little boring.... Everyone does not agree with you, get over it.

Later

eg8r
08-25-2003, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...while Clinton simply got a bj in the whitehouse, weaseled his way out of impeachment with political definitions of the act of sex. <hr /></blockquote> If you think this particular event was the only thing I was referring to you, then you have been asleep at the wheel.

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Ha, he does not teach people how to swim. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He teaches them to hold their breath while underwater.

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2003, 08:19 AM
LOL, this was not immeadiate. He has been doing it for awhile, I have just recently mentioned it.

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Yes Ward, I will try harder. I don't think I name call very often, but you are right, I did call him a "sidekick" and I will refrain doing that in the future.

eg8r

Qtec
08-25-2003, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are no more than a Bush hater with nothing more to say. You cannot even give examples that are peculiar only to this administration. <hr /></blockquote>

O boy O boy . Lets see, this could take days but off the top of my head ,.....

1. Before the election , Enron was his biggest contributer.
2. He denied knowing Ken Lay , this was a blatant lie .
3. Ken Lay was the CEO of Enron , as head man , he presided over the biggest finacial scandal in the history of the US. [ Directors could invest $3,000 and 6 months later cash in $500,000 .] Ken and his wife have a home in Texas worth $ 7.1 million that cannot be touched because of the 'homestead law' which [ as far as I know ] only operates in Texas.
4. No charges have been brought against him .
5. The biggest election debacle happens in Florida . Which just happens to be his brothers state.
6. GW is crowned President by 5 Rep judges while the votes are still being counted.
7. GW lies about his military service .
8.On 9/11/01 at the same momment the planes hit the towers , GW,s father is having a meeting with BIN LADEN,S brother .
9. GW decides to invade Iraq. A country that supports terrorism. The fact that 15 from the 19 bombers are Saudi citizens and the head of Al Q. is also a Saudi makes no difference to the Bush clan because they are still doing buisness.
10. Not one single reason that GW gave for the war has yet to be proven.
11. GW lied in one of the most important speeches a President has to give . Whether he knew it was true or not , the puplic were mislead.
12. He is slaughtering the right to privacy with the 'Patriot Act', and redefined the word 'terrorist'.
13. Private Lynch was never shot or stabbed . This was a lie.
And them you have D Cheny and the rest of the neo-conservatives who were never elected but have immense power. But thats another story .

Q

Before GW went into politics , he sold all his stock in an oil company, 4 weeks before Saddam invaded Kuwait . Great timing because at the end of the year , the stock had devalued by 75%. Oh yeah , Bush Sr was president at the time.

eg8r
08-25-2003, 09:09 AM
What a surprise, the statement was directed to Sid, and SuperQ chimes in. The problem once again was that Q did not read the statement and try and understand what was being said. I wanted to know of examples of instances in which are peculiar to the the current administration. In other words, things that are happening now, that have never happened before to other administrations. Here is how SuperQ responds....

[ QUOTE ]
1. Before the election , Enron was his biggest contributer. <font color="blue"> Even though Enron is not Bush's fault (remove your head from your butt), go back and read all of Enrons contributions and please tell us how much that Corporation contributed to the entire DNC. </font color>
2. He denied knowing Ken Lay , this was a blatant lie . <font color="blue"> Agreed. I have stated this before. </font color>
3. Ken Lay was the CEO of Enron , as head man , he presided over the biggest finacial scandal in the history of the US. [ Directors could invest $3,000 and 6 months later cash in $500,000 .] Ken and his wife have a home in Texas worth $ 7.1 million that cannot be touched because of the 'homestead law' which [ as far as I know ] only operates in Texas. <font color="blue"> Once again, Enron's corporate problems are not because of the current administration. This is a private company and the current administration is not responsible for what they have done. </font color>
4. No charges have been brought against him . <font color="blue"> I guess time will tell. Once again, going on the premise of the statement, are we to believe that you think there has never been a past administration look the other way. I am not saying it is right, and I totally believe Ken Lay should sit in jail, but that is not the subject matter. </font color>
5. The biggest election debacle happens in Florida . Which just happens to be his brothers state. <font color="blue"> Once again, the premise was to show instances in which things have happened during this administration that have never happened before. Are we to believe that you think there has never been any voting problems in our country's history. You still never did reply to my question before as to when that lawsuit was filed with the state, and where were those 58,000 people who were denied the right to vote.</font color>
6. GW is crowned President by 5 Rep judges while the votes are still being counted. <font color="blue"> Wrong. </font color>
7. GW lies about his military service . <font color="blue"> I am sorry but what was the lie. What did he actually say, word for word, and what was the truth (the real truth not your interpretation). </font color>
8.On 9/11/01 at the same momment the planes hit the towers , GW,s father is having a meeting with BIN LADEN,S brother . <font color="blue"> What does this have to do with anything. I guess you are teetering on stupidity if you think Bush is responsible for 9/11. I would also call you a US hater if that is what you are saying. Clearify this statement please...... </font color>
9. GW decides to invade Iraq. A country that supports terrorism. The fact that 15 from the 19 bombers are Saudi citizens and the head of Al Q. is also a Saudi makes no difference to the Bush clan because they are still doing buisness. <font color="blue"> Do you even know what you are saying anymore????? </font color>
10. Not one single reason that GW gave for the war has yet to be proven. <font color="blue"> Go back the past 12 years and read a little of the history. Saddam did not follow one single demand, fully. Oh yeah, back to the entire reason you flushed your brains on this thread, WHAT EVENTS HAVE HAPPENED BECAUSE OF THIS ADMINISTRATION THAT HAVE NEVER HAPPENED TO ANOTHER ADMINISTRATION!!!!!!!! Since you have forgotten, Clinton went in and bombed Iraq also. </font color>
11. GW lied in one of the most important speeches a President has to give . Whether he knew it was true or not , the puplic were mislead. <font color="blue"> It was not a lie!!! If GW is lying then he needs to know beforehand that he was misleading, and he did not. However, back to the subject at hand, are we to believe that you think no other President in our entire history has ever lied in an address to the nation????? It is like you did not even read the quote above. </font color>
12. He is slaughtering the right to privacy with the 'Patriot Act', and redefined the word 'terrorist'. <font color="blue"> What is the new definition????? </font color>
13. Private Lynch was never shot or stabbed . This was a lie. <font color="blue"> Once again, do you honestly believe that no other administration has ever lied to the citizens of the US??? </font color>
And them you have D Cheny and the rest of the neo-conservatives who were never elected but have immense power. But thats another story . <font color="blue"> Well, whatever, just another point in which you were unable to understand the subject/premise of my statement and you have dribbled onto the web again. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Really Q, it is quite laughable how you continue to post this way. Do you understand the question now? Does it need to be made an clearer before you make another post with a list of crap that does not even support your side of the question?

eg8r

Qtec
08-25-2003, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cannot even give examples that are peculiar only to this administration. <hr /></blockquote>

Q

Websters,

[ QUOTE ]
peculiar
Cross references:
1. characteristic 2. strange
<hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
08-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Try this for starters .

http://www.montanaforum.com/rednews/2002/02/07/build/accountability/enron.php?nnn=2

http://www.hereinreality.com/enron.html

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

http://www.history-europe.com/The_Betrayal_of_America_How_the_Supreme_Court_Unde rmined_the_Constitution_and_Chose_Our_President_15 6025355X.html

I know one is only a book review , I can back its conclusion up or you could if you would just use Google.

Q

Qtec
08-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Florida elections.
http://www.naacp.org/news/archives/2000/florida_irregularities.shtml

I did post the result of the law suit . Check my posts.

q

eg8r
08-25-2003, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try this for starters .

http://www.montanaforum.com/rednews/2002/02/07/build/accountability/enron.php?nnn=2 <font color="blue"> I guess this post was in response to what I just posted. Meaning I was guessing you were going to show me something that has happened during the Bush administration (and being responsible for) but never happened before in our history. This link talks about Enron, NOT the current administration. The current administration is not responsible for the actions of Enron. </font color>

http://www.hereinreality.com/enron.html <font color="blue"> Ouch, "Ken Lay played golf with Bill Clinton. Clinton helped Ken Lay get a $3 billion power plant project in India for Enron. <font color="red"> Four days before the deal went through, Enron gave $100,000 to the Democratic party." <font color="green"> This is only 1 instance of Enron giving money to the DNC. Quite a chunk of change. </font color> </font color> That sure does not help you out. Once again, the premise was for Sid to show me examples of this horrible administration that have never happened to prior adminstrations. Here on the link you provided, you can see plainly that Enron did not do to bad with Clinton at the helm. Here is another quote from that link... "Joe Lieberman <font color="red"> "I am sure you remember, Joe was running with Gore. Just another example of DNC connections to Enron." </font color> was the first to call for an investigation, but now it's come out that his staff met with Enron, in fact his former top aide was an Enron lobbyist. Lawmakers want SEC Chairman Harvey Pitt to recuse himself from the investigation because he worked for the law firm that has represented Arthur Andersen. "</font color>

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html <font color="blue"> Bush was in the National Guard. Definitely not overseas where the real action is at, I agree. But, I still do not see the lie? I asked you to provide word for word the lie Bush said, and some hard proof it was a lie. If you cannot get it, that is fine. I understand. </font color>

http://www.history-europe.com/The_Betrayal_of_America_How_the_Supreme_Court_Unde rmined_the_Constitution_and_Chose_Our_President_15 6025355X.html <font color="blue"> That link is by a person with an agenda to prove. What clear un-biased facts do you have that the Constitution was not followed. </font color>

I know one is only a book review , I can back its conclusion up or you could if you would just use Google. <font color="blue"> No, you find it, I am not trying to prove the issue you are. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

More ramblings from Q....

eg8r

Qtec
08-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Testimony about the Fl debacle.

[ QUOTE ]
Carolyn Williams: Poll worker. Her job was to find out if someone was not allowed to vote, why they weren't. Called phone bank repeatedly. Sometimes an hour before she could get through. People who had been voting in her precinct for years… all of a sudden their name wasn't on the roll. When she did get through to Election Board, she was told the people were convicted felons. Some had papers where their rights had been restored. She tried to explain that. People at the Election Board "didn't want to hear that." She was told no, outright; they were not allowed to vote. This went on all day. She felt ashamed. She asked one man if he was a convicted felon before she stayed on the phone for an hour. He was a Catholic priest. He was being denied his right to vote. When she got someone at the phone bank after about a half hour, they went round and round because Board was saying man was registered in another county, and the man was sitting there telling her No. She never told the phone people he was a priest. She gave them his name and registration number. This went "round and round" (by which I believe she meant she spoke to a number of people… was passed from one to another) and one woman told her, "Well, I don't have to talk to him. Just tell him he's lying, and send him on his way." Williams said, "I'm not going to the tell the priest he's lying." And the woman hung up on her. She called back and talked to someone else, then the supervisor got on, and after about an hour he finally talked to the Supervisor of Elections. They decided it was "mistaken identity" and they finally let him vote.

Many of these people had voted in the primary in September… and in October were taken off the rolls. She was given a name to give them. Those who had been taken off, but they weren't going to be able to get it straight by November. Many of them did have their papers, but they still weren't allowed to vote
<hr /></blockquote>

Q

eg8r
08-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Where was that copied from? Which court case was that testimony given in front of a judge? Do you have the case number?

Was this person part of the mystery 58,000 that you quoted before? Was that lawsuit ever filed???

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Am I reading this link incorrectly? I do not see where this is a lawsuit that went before a judge in court. It looks to me that the NAACP had a little "hearing" amongst their peers to present their "facts".

Did any of this ever go to a real court????

eg8r &lt;~~Did not read every single word in the link