PDA

View Full Version : Cue U graphic is ultimate stroke

bell
08-24-2003, 07:43 PM
I log into the CCB and always see the "Cue U" graphic at the top of the screen. Is this the best stroke graphic? I mean the elbow is a perfect pendulum, and the head moves only a hair. I stare at this and say, "wish I could stroke like that". Check it out, what do you think? Jeez, I hope this is not only happening on my PC.

Rod
08-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Bell,

I'm not very fond of that stroke. Actually I have animation turned off because of that punch. Well to add to that we now have the girls moving around.

Anyway, it's not a good stroke, the arm starts out way forward and never gets all the way back, plus it is a jerked motion. I guess if you like the elbow in concrete then that's a stroke for you. Well enough on animations.

Rod

BillPorter
08-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Rod, you're dead on about that stroke. Reason I know is that it's a lot like mine when I'm choking on a shot...real short backstroke, no follow-through, just a jerky punch at the ball. Only thing missing in the graphic, for it to be a perfect imitation of me, is for the head and body to jerk up at the moment of impact! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
(Since I'm a college professor, the academic cap fits right in.)

Rod
08-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey Bill,

You're about cured, right? No more head movement, nice flow through the ball, puts whitey on a dime. That's what I heard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Fred Agnir
08-25-2003, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bell:</font><hr> I log into the CCB and always see the "Cue U" graphic at the top of the screen. Is this the best stroke graphic? I mean the elbow is a perfect pendulum, and the head moves only a hair. I stare at this and say, "wish I could stroke like that". Check it out, what do you think? Jeez, I hope this is not only happening on my PC. <hr /></blockquote> I think the forearm needs to be closer to perpendicular at contact. I think the pause at the cueball is to quick. And, I think there isn't enough loopy-doopy in the warm-up.

Hope this helps,

Fred &lt;~~~ loopy

coolriffs
08-25-2003, 09:08 AM
the cue is too level. this would only be possible if you remove the rails from the table. just a little more elevation should be fine.

DoomCue
08-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Eh? The cue is "too level?" Is there such a thing? Are you suggesting players should jack up on every shot?

-djb

eg8r
08-25-2003, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh? The cue is "too level?" Is there such a thing? Are you suggesting players should jack up on every shot?
<hr /></blockquote> Go back and read what he typed. He is not saying a level cue is bad, he is saying that it might be impossible to keep the cue that level with the rails in place.

"Just a little more elevation" is hardly considered "jacking up".

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2003, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the forearm needs to be closer to perpendicular at contact. <hr /></blockquote> I agree. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not much room left for follow through.

eg8r

Fred Agnir
08-25-2003, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Go back and read what he typed. He is not saying a level cue is bad, he is saying that it might be impossible to keep the cue that level with the rails in place.<hr /></blockquote>

Going a bit off tangent here:

There are at least two shot angles I can think of that the rails would not interfere with your stick. Would you then put that cue that level? I wouldn't, and would think that since going that level is the exception, not the norm, then I would contend that there is no reason to ever consider a level cue for stroking.

Fred

bell
08-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Rod: Well, upon further study, I think you are right-on about the stroke mechanics of the stickman. I guess I was most impressed with the rock solid elbow. There are so many elements to the perfect stroke. Cue-U needs to revise and improve the animation. Thanks for the input.