PDA

View Full Version : rackmup....where do I start?

stevelomako
08-25-2003, 01:51 AM
He's gonna blow a GD fuse.

I was staying really calm with him about Louie but after reading his replies to you and everybody else (he never did answer me), I realize he has to be certifiably nuts. It's the only rational explaination for what he does. He has to have deep, deep problems that he needs help with and I wouldn't want anyone to cause problems with someone that does.

I suppose it's possible he's just a bitter, hateful human being. There's people like that, great to animals but angry and spiteful to people about what life has done to them, real or perceived.

How do we know?

Steve (Glad to see ya back)

rackmup
08-25-2003, 04:25 AM
I assume you are talking about a person who is no longer here that has a pool-playing dog.

If so, yes, he is a little off and I'm glad he isn't here, calling people names, insulting the ladies with his foul language and berating those of us that can't run three balls.

Let's leave him where he is, polluting the other boards and keep this forum a little cleaner without his rantings.

Regards,

Ken

bluewolf
08-25-2003, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stevelomako:</font><hr> He's gonna blow a GD fuse.

I was staying really calm with him about Louie but after reading his replies to you and everybody else (he never did answer me), I realize he has to be certifiably nuts. It's the only rational explaination for what he does. He has to have deep, deep problems that he needs help with and I wouldn't want anyone to cause problems with someone that does.

I suppose it's possible he's just a bitter, hateful human being. There's people like that, great to animals but angry and spiteful to people about what life has done to them, real or perceived.

How do we know?

Steve (Glad to see ya back) <hr /></blockquote>

Steve,

You sound like a very nice person. Geez. You kind of hit the nail on the head here. Unless you are friends with a person or in a helping relationship with them, it is easier just to think that they are a jerk or bit*h or something.

When I was younger, I used to try to find an excuse for everyone's bad behavior, like they had a bad childhood, they had a lot of pressure or something, while all of the time, they were treating me like a whipping post and I was letting them do it. When I could just drop all of that and say 'she is just a bitch', it made life a lot easier.

Last week my son, who is 30, was visiting me. Now he has run forums for 10 years and is currently moderating a forum (not pool related) with 5000 people. When he heard ww and I talking, his response was 'oh no, not another internet drama'.

It took that, I think, for me to realize that I needed to be spending more time on other stuff.

My mother is very ill and I came to her town to spend 1-2 weeks with her. Then all this stuff explodes and although I have my laptop, I am realizing that so much time can be spent on these forums, not to speak of emotional energy, that life can literally pass one by. And I am not just talking about spending actual time at the table, I mean with friends, family,spiritual practices etc. I am waking up slowly to this.

I may wake up slowly to this, but there is really noone that I have a problem with who is a 'real'person on these boards as far as my feelings towards them.

Steve, I really hope that you will not rent too much head space to this FL internet drama. I hope that you will learn from the mistake I have made of taking these forums and the flames and jokes and even the insults entirely too seriously. When I got here, I was overly sensitive etc over things that really did not matter in the eternal scheme of things and do still sometimes fall back into that pit.

Once again, I am sorry for your hurt.

Laura

stevelomako
08-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Laura,

Thanks for the kind words and some people do think I am a nice person. On the other hand you'll find people that think I'm...well...not so nice.

Trust me, I don't have any hurt over this guy. When I hit the little x in the corner of the screen I don't have any thoughts about this or any other board. I don't consume myself with things I have no control over and don't care what people think of me, I live with myself...good or bad.

I can say he hasn't insulted me...yet...if and when that ever happens I'm more than capable of handling myself.

Being around pool rooms my whole life I've seen more than my share of these guys, people who always wanted to be something but never had the guts to try for fear of failure. Now at this stage in life he wants to be a "Minnesota Fats" wannabe, but the Fat Man always would gamble and he really could play a little, always sharp with the wit and matching up. Did it his whole life, that's the difference.

This guy comes along from wherever and pretends to be something and can't back up what he says...Granted he probly does do a decent trick shot show, but who wouldn't with a little practice, and trust me it doesn't take much to be decent. He probly is a decent little entertainer and there's nothing wrong with that, but that's a far cry from being a champion and I do know that this guy could never play a lick. Sure he was better than the average person but there's quite a few people that are. I can see he's just a never was past the prime he never had and he's real bitter when people try to get him to prove it.

Thanks again and dont worry about me,
Steve