PDA

View Full Version : Viking BUT with 314 Shaft????

Ferris
08-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Could someone tell me what the pro's and cons would be if a person was to put a Predator 314 shaft on a Viking Cue??

Thanks in advance.

cheesemouse
08-26-2003, 06:04 AM
Farris,

First of all welcome to the board. Being that you are new perhaps you are not aware of the 'archives' option avalialble for your use:

>go to the bottom of the page> in the 'jump to' select archives> select 'all dates', type in Predator shaft and you will get enough reading to keep you busy from now till your tip wears out....LOL......hope this helps.

jjinfla
08-26-2003, 11:09 AM
It's like putting a VW engine into a Cadillac.
Jake

phil in sofla
08-26-2003, 10:22 PM
I don't believe there are any issues related to a Viking butt, unless there is a particular problem matching the size of the Predator to the butt diameter. For instance, evidently the Predator people know that Helmstedters don't exactly match up, but the little lap over or under on the surfaces where the joint meets them together doesn't affect me, since I never stroke so far that the joint goes through my bridging fingers. They sent me a 'larger' Predator (I guess there is some variability in their diameters), and that's a close enough match to be playable, unless somebody's very particular about getting an exact matchup of the surfaces.

The pros and cons would be the same as using the Predator with any butt, and opinions vary, as you will find if you take the advice to search the archives.

magicman
08-27-2003, 10:46 PM
preditor says their shaft makes every cue play better, is this true or false?

pooltchr
08-28-2003, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote magicman:</font><hr> preditor says their shaft makes every cue play better, is this true or false? <hr /></blockquote>

This is a subjective statement that can neither be confirmed nor denied. It is simply marketing. Better than what??? What determines "better"??? Each individual has to answer these questions for himself in order to validate the statement. If you like it better that way, then it's better...if you don't, then it isn't better.