PDA

View Full Version : 1st tournament shocker

Keith Talent
08-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Finally, 20 years after giving up the game in frustration, and after 6 months mostly practicing solo since I started playing again, I entered a local tournament . And believe it or not ... I BEAT A PRO! OK, a semi-pro ... somebody who cashed at Derby City this year and on the Joss tour last year.

Anyway, it was a pretty amazing thing. I was only getting the 8 ball ... but I got some outrageous rolls, made the routine outs, twice made tough kicks to avoid 3-foul losses ... and the guy might have been having the worst night of his life. Put all that together and I win 7-2!

Believe it or not, it was the first tournament match I've ever played!

But don't ask me about the second. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Had to play that one head up against somebody who's a notch better ... got off to a sloppy start and went downhill from there. He got loose, played solid, and I'm done, 7-2. Still, not a bad first outing, eh? I owe it all to youse and the great advice from the sl3s!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-26-2003, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> .... I owe it all to youse and the great advice from the sl3s! <hr /></blockquote>

Don't be so kind. We're all bozos and s*** for brains. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Congrats on the win. Way to step into the fire.

Wally~~needs to step into the fire /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Qtec
08-26-2003, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We're all bozos and s*** for brains.
<hr /></blockquote>

I presume that the 'and 'is a mistake and should actually be a comma. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If not , "speak for yourself". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Keith Talent
08-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Wally. This bozo better celebrate now before next week rolls around and he ends up spotting the 8 to somebody who's shooting better than him!

9 Ball Girl
08-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Way to go Keith! Now I know what handicap to vouch you for if you play in the Monday tourneys... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Candyman
08-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Congratulations Keith! Sounds like you are not only a sharp player, but also a tuff ole bird with your mental game. I will bet dinner that you beat a much younger opponent. Lock /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
08-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Thanks, Candyman. Yep, guy must have been at least a dozen years younger. Thought I might have an edge because nobody in the room had really seen me ... and could figure I was being underrated and getting an unfair spot. Did my best to fake it. LOL.
Turned on the old stone face and kept plugging away, and damned if I didn't get a couple of late scratches, miscues ... balls hanging in the jaws.