PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lee's schedule

Scott Lee
08-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Many of you often ask for a schedule of where I plan to be, so I thought I would post my schedule for the next few weeks, for anyone interested.

I'll be in Chicago Sept. 1-5, then heading south. I'll be in GA, SC & NC from 9/9 through 9/19. I'll be in LA 9/21-22, and then on to Houston, Austin, and Dallas (where I'll be from 9/27 through 10/4). After that I'll be headed to CO, NM, AZ, and then on to CA for the first couple weeks of November. Then I'll be headed back to MT for the holidays. I expect to make a trip through the Pacific Northwest right after Thanksgiving. Anyone interested in a lesson may email or phone me.

Scott Lee

PQQLK9
08-27-2003, 02:43 AM
You are incredible! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
08-27-2003, 06:45 AM
Scott,
Give me a call if you get to Charlotte. Will see if we can avoid the power black-outs this time and maybe get more table time than parking lot time! LOL
Steve

Ross
08-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Scott,
Hey buddy, you better stop by Durham this time while you are in NC. Or else! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You got a place to stay and we can hit some balls on my new (to me) Diamond table. I could probably use another lesson as well, so I can beat up on those other CCB'er chumps at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Also the owner of the pool hall we went to last time in Chapel Hill may be interested in a lesson individually or for a group of his patrons. I say that because he asked to borrow the tape you made of my lesson, and said he was impressed. So let me know if you can make it to my neck of the woods.

Ross

PQQLK9
08-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi Ross...where is that Room in Chapel Hill? I have never found a place to play there.

Candyman
08-27-2003, 10:13 AM
There is a PH named Oscar's 'q' and Bar in Chapel Hill just off I-40 on Weaver Dairy RD. It is located in a shopping center. I have been there a couple of times and it is nicely run. For better directions go to playpool.com and go to pool hall finder.

PQQLK9
08-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks...my brother-inlaw lives on Weaver Dairy Rd.

Rod
08-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Why is it called Chapel Hill? I had a print made by the historical division at UNC Chapel Hill. I never asked why it was named that. Just curious.

Rod

Candyman
08-27-2003, 06:03 PM
CHAPEL HILL
Chapel Hill was named after the tiny New Hope Chapel, which sat on a hill
called New Hope Chapel Hill. The North Carolina legislature decided in 1787 that the
country's first state university be located on the land, and since then, the university
and the town have been closely related.
The population of Chapel Hill is now 43,500 with 24,000 being students.
The heart of Chapel Hill is definitely the University of North Carolina, also called
UNC or Carolina. Most Chapel Hill residents are avid Tarheel fans. "Tarheels"
usually refers to the men's basketball team of the university, who have won 3 NCAA
championships.
Native North Carolinians are becoming rare in Chapel Hill. Many people are
moving to the area to work at the university or Research Triangle Park, and are
finding it a pleasant place to live.
The residents of Chapel Hill have worked hard to preserve their historic
buildings. Many 19th century homes can be found around the north side of the
university, including the Horace Williams House on Rosemary Street. The home is
now used for art gallery displays, concerts, and other public events.

Good question Rod! You got my curiosity,too. I did a search and found the above explanation. Lock

Rod
08-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh thanks for the reply. I could have looked it up, but I didn't. The fact it is our first university is interesting. I thought there would be an earlier one up north. 1787 was pretty early though. That must be a good size University or at least their Library is large. The Manuscripts Department has quite a collection. My ancestors originally setteled in Perquimans so that's why the interest. NC sure looks like a beautiful state. Thanks again

Rod

Scott Lee
08-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Steve...I might come over to Charlotte the weekend of the 13-14th to do some lessons. If so, we'll definitely get together and play some.

Scott

Scott Lee
08-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Ross...I am definitely interested in coming over to see you again. It would likely be mid-week the week of Sept. 15th.
I'd be happy to work with the poolroom owner, and/or do a group lesson for his patrons. Talk to him and see what he's interested in, and let me know in an email or PM. If necessary, and practical, I could be there the weekend before, and then go back to Charlotte.

Scott

cycopath
08-28-2003, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Scott,
You got a place to stay and we can hit some balls on my new (to me) Diamond table. <hr /></blockquote>Is that a Diamond Pro? 8ft or 9ft? If you don't mind, how much did you have to give for it?
I'm trying to get an idea of what Diamond tables are getting in the secondary market. Thanks.

Ross
08-28-2003, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Scott,
You got a place to stay and we can hit some balls on my new (to me) Diamond table. <hr /></blockquote>Is that a Diamond Pro? 8ft or 9ft? If you don't mind, how much did you have to give for it?
I'm trying to get an idea of what Diamond tables are getting in the secondary market. Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

It is a 9 ft Diamond Pro table (like the ones used at the Open) and is in perfect condition. However, the pockets are regular size, not what some people call "pro-cut". I wish they were tighter, because the table I usually match up on has super tight pockets. I could shim the pockets, and probably will some day, but as I understand it shimmed pockets don't play like pockets that were originally built to be tight. But I love the table.

I got it thanks to Cueless Joey who posted an alert on CCB'er when it appeared for sale on Ebay. (Thanks again, Joey!) I paid 3k for the table, Diamond lights, balls (cheap set, had to replace them with Centennials), Diamond rack, bridge, and new Simonis cloth. I think this was a helluva deal, since the Diamond lights are worth a few hundred alone. Delivery was another $300 ($1/mile from SC) and set-up another 250, I think.

I took me several months of searching before I got the table. When I got in the market, I enquired around, and after a couple months, I found a nice Gold Crown III for $2500 at a local pool hall. But the seller backed out a few days after I gave him a deposit. It was a few months after that when I saw the post by Joey, and immediately bought the table.

In fact I have a friend who is currently looking to buy a used Diamond. He asked me to help him, but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I did mention that he could get a decent deal on the US Open tables they sell after the tourney. I think they go for 4k or so, which may be more than he is willing to spend.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

bigbro6060
08-28-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't see Perth, Australia on your schedule

Shame, Scotty, Shame ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif