PDA

View Full Version : could somebody help me ? *DELETED*

Mr. Blonde
08-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Post deleted by Mr. Blonde

smoothstroke
08-28-2003, 09:34 PM
For God's sake, DO NOT TAKE UP GOLF, you will kill yourself.

brian_
08-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Glad to see i'm not the only one, lol. I've been playing since about 14 or so and from what little i know of the rating system i'd say i'm about a B player. I'm 19 now. I can keep a job for a few months at a time but that's about it, around here finding a decent full time job is rough good temp jobs r easy tho.

For the last 2 years or so my game has gone nowhere if not down till i started playing in the little bar tournaments last winter and started reading alot more about the game on forums like this one. The only advice i know to give u is find a very good player and have him watch u and point out things u need to work on. Mine r banking, the way i try to run the rack, and my stroke could be alittle better. If your getting burnt out on the game take a few weeks off, it'll help believe me.

LMAO ya anything but golf

cueball1950
08-28-2003, 11:53 PM
well mr blonde i am not going to lecture you on going back to school cuz i already figure you know what a good education is worth. take a week or so off and reevaluate your game. Straight pool is not the easiest game to learn. After awhile you will learn the patterns and what shots to take and when to take them.You will learn the different break skots and what are good one's and what are the bad ones. I am going to be the first one to tell you that high runs mean nothing. well maybe for bragging rights. An old straight pool player once told me that and i have found it to be true. He would run 14 balls on me and leave me safe to the point where i would have to leave him a shot and he would run another 14 and leave me safe again. He did this to me several times to prove his point. Do not get discouraged with the game. I totally agree with the other poster. maybe take a couple of lessons if they are available in your area. Go to as many big tournaments as possible and watch the pro's shoot and learn what they do and then ask one of them after their match why they did what they did. Most players will answer you and you can learn that way also.Also talk with Scott Lee and find out if maybe he i coming to your area soon and maybe you could hook up with him for a lesson or two. Just play and you will learn............................,mike