PDA

View Full Version : Fast Larry Holds Court at AZBilliards

Blackwolf
08-29-2003, 02:53 AM
CCB, with it's increasingly more rare moments of lucidity, and an increasingly more frequent incidence of editorial oppression; banned from this forum one of the greatest pool players of all time, as well as one of the most intelligent and colorful characters in the game today: Fast Larry Guninger.

Fast Larry now holds court at AZ Billiards to the delight of the posters who frequent that forum. CCB's loss has been AZBilliards gain.

The days of CCB being the favorite spot for billiard players to meet on the internet has been on the decline ever since it began a policy of banning posters who did not meet it's narrow minded ideals of how a pool player should think.

CCB is now best known for it's stodgy, drab feel. This is fine with the more upbeat, dymanic crowd over at AZ Billiards. They hope the typical hapless, lemming like posters who prefers close oversight and ridgid party line politics remain at CCB while the hip, young, and young at heart dynamic players enjoy the freewheeling style that the AZ Billiards forum now provides.

Rich R.
08-29-2003, 03:54 AM
If all of this is true, why are you here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ward
08-29-2003, 06:02 AM
Hasn't FL been banned for AZ?

Later

Qtec
08-29-2003, 06:05 AM
Rich, he just wants to draw attention to whats happening
on AZ. If you ask me, its getting out of hand.

Somebody has it in for FL big time.

Q

jjinfla
08-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Blackwolf, Very astute observation. I started with CCB five years ago and then started reading AZ. And they are the only two that I really bother with lately. Or have the time to check. But I did notice that the pros are treated better at AZ. And I prefer to garner information from a pro than any non-pro.

Over those five years there have been many posters who brought quality to this board and they finally gave up. Even George Fels stopped posting here. Maybe he just thought that since he writes for BD he shouldn't post here.

But it makes it much easier for me because there just are a lot of posters here who I never bother to read anymore. So it doesn't take me as long to check the posts.

And there are a few here who really do have relevant topics and information concerning pool. So I pick and choose looking for the pearls. Speaking of Pearls whatever did happen to Howie?

Jake---when Fast Larry posts - I read. As I do when Kieth, Blackjack, Grady, Earl, Charlie post. They have all proven their talents and do not hide behind a curtain. And Iam thankful to find them on AZ.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-29-2003, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Blackwolf:</font><hr> .......Fast Larry now holds court at AZ Billiards to the delight of the posters who frequent that forum.

<font color="blue">They can have him as far as I'm concerned. Has he blown up since his reinstatement? It has been almost 48 hours you know LOL </font color>

CCB is now best known for it's stodgy, drab feel. This is fine with the more upbeat, dymanic crowd over at AZ Billiards. They hope the typical hapless, lemming like posters who prefers close oversight and ridgid party line politics remain at CCB while the hip, young, and young at heart dynamic players enjoy the freewheeling style that the AZ Billiards forum now provides.

<font color="blue">Well,like Rich said, why are you here? You sure seem to spend a lot of time here. And if we added up all your other posting names you would be a pooh-bah.

Wally~~not stodgy...yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW-get a life /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
08-29-2003, 07:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Blackwolf, Very astute observation. I started with CCB five years ago and then started reading AZ. And they are the only two that I really bother with lately. Or have the time to check. But I did notice that the pros are treated better at AZ.

<font color="blue">I must disagree Jake. The few pros that post here are treated fine. Folks got on Charlie because he used the forum for advertising but he never responded to any inquiries. Well, once he did. One guy got on Keith a bit but Keith's a big boy. I think he can handle it. </font color>

Over those five years there have been many posters who brought quality to this board and they finally gave up. Even George Fels stopped posting here. Maybe he just thought that since he writes for BD he shouldn't post here.

<font color="blue">The BD home page used to say "If you look closely you may find one of our writers here". Fels promoted this forum prominently in his column more than once. I have no idea why he left. Could be something as simple as a slow connection. </font color>

when Fast Larry posts - I read.

<font color="blue">Fast Larry is a very rude man. Remember in Lonesome Dove when Tommy Lee Jones beat the crap outta that guy and said "Never could stand rudeness in a man" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

As I do when Kieth, Blackjack, Grady, Earl, Charlie post.

<font color="blue">I agree with you here. </font color>

They have all proven their talents and do not hide behind a curtain. And Iam thankful to find them on AZ. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
08-29-2003, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> when Fast Larry posts - I read. As I do when Kieth, Blackjack, Grady, Earl, Charlie post. They have all proven their talents and do not hide behind a curtain. And Iam thankful to find them on AZ. <hr /></blockquote>
Jake, I have to disagree with you, just a little.
Kieth, Blackjack, Grady and Earl have all posted some good information and stories to both the CCB and AZB. However, other than an occasional good story, Larry never provided any good pool information. When pushed to provide pool information, he would tell the person to call him for a lesson. He was not willing to share any knowledge. Also, as we all know, he would frequently attack people for no good reason.
As for Charlie, I'm not sure if he has ever posted anything other than an advertisement. You would certainly have to look very hard for any hints on how to play better pool from Charlie.

Pro players are certainly welcome on the CCB, but to get the respect of the people on the CCB, the player must respect the people also.

beerwolf
08-29-2003, 08:21 AM
It's too late! The posts about FL have been pulled and are no longer available at AZ. All that typing gone to waste! How sad.
BW

Perk
08-29-2003, 08:34 AM
It was the occassional good story that I liked regarding FL...too me, I could see through the fiction/higher than you mentality to enjoy the reading of his info.

One thing I think this board needs to learn is that the reading is for enjoyment and learning. We have a choice on what posts we read/respond too. And being that we are online, you will always have predators that almost make it not worth while, but the other good ones (which have been mentioned, along with other non pros) make it worth while. I still check out his posts in other forums occasionally, cause there will be some info/spice/entertainment, and if ya dig into it, some value.

eg8r
08-29-2003, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The days of CCB being the favorite spot for billiard players to meet on the internet has been on the decline ever since it began a policy of banning posters who did not meet it's narrow minded ideals of how a pool player should think. <hr /></blockquote> What a load of crap. Could you please list for us the broad ideals of what a pool player should think!!!! What facts are you looking at? I guess you have a date at which this "banning" of posters has started, and at the same time you have entry dates for other boards for the same banned posters. Well, lets see it.

[ QUOTE ]
CCB is now best known for it's stodgy, drab feel. This is fine with the more upbeat, dymanic crowd over at AZ Billiards. They hope the typical hapless, lemming like posters who prefers close oversight and ridgid party line politics remain at CCB while the hip, young, and young at heart dynamic players enjoy the freewheeling style that the AZ Billiards forum now provides. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you really should put the thesaurus down, you are getting carried away. I was wondering what exact threads you are reading over at AzB that give you this outlook that you are spouting as fact (which you have never given examples of). I read AzB all the time and do not see anything of what you are talking about.

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
08-29-2003, 09:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Blackwolf:</font><hr> CCB,banned from this forum one of the greatest pool players of all time, as well as one of the most intelligent and colorful characters in the game today: Fast Larry Guninger. <hr /></blockquote>

WHAT? One of the Greatest pool player of all time? When was this decided and why didnt anyone tell the rest of the pool world? Most intelligent, when was THAT determined? Colorful Character? NO DOUBTS on the character part, I'll give him that. No more FL bashin' from me &lt;HAHAHAHAHAHA&gt; seems like he gets enough!!

08-29-2003, 10:05 AM

eg8r
08-29-2003, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's give Larry the credit he deserves. <hr /></blockquote> You are right...Here is the credit that I noticed he deserves...Larry is a past-his-prime hothead who does not like being questioned.

If someone posts something on an engineering board and states that his idea is the end-all-be-all for making widgets, then that person's credentials are going to be questioned. Why can't the same be done to FL. Sure he stated them, after berating every other instructor and player on the planet. His my-way-or-the-highway stance has been the source of a lot of the problems that have come up on the boards.

eg8r

Rich R.
08-29-2003, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>
Rich, I believe that you possibly misread his posts about him helping people. He just doesn't want to respond to flaming anons, and he states that if you send him an email he will get back to you about any pool questions. The reason he wants your email address is to see who you are. He is tired of getting blasted by the Yapping Wolfs and Rackumbuttheads (who don't have any pool questions anyway), and it seems to me that a lot of CCBers can't see the forest for the trees regarding this situation.

Let's give Larry the credit he deserves. Just send him a question and see what kind of response you get before you (and others) start bad mouthing the guy.

Regards, ww <hr /></blockquote>
Ray, I'm sorry, but I didn't misread anything. It started as soon as Larry appeared on this board, long before anyone attacked him and long before the Yapping Wolfs, etc. showed up.
Several people treated him with respect and asked questions. He offered no help in his responses and only pushed his lessons.
He also launched attacks on people for no reason at all. Heck, he even attacked me, for my tag line, which was around a lot longer than he was.

I have no personal gripe with Larry. I couldn't care less if he stayed or was banned. I stopped reading most of his garbage a long time ago. But let's not make him into something he definitely wasn't. I am definitely not sorry he is gone. I have to wade through much less crap now.
If he has found a home on another board, I am happy for him. I hope he has fun there.

As far as sending him private messages to get answers to questions, that is not the purpose of a public forum. The purpose is to share information with a number of people.

nAz
08-29-2003, 02:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> If all of this is true, why are you here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Obviously to read my post like most of the other well informed CCbers

Blackwolf
08-29-2003, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Several people treated him with respect and asked questions. He offered no help in his responses and only pushed his lessons. <hr /></blockquote>Correction: some people asked him questions with a "dare 'ya to answer attitude" and as if he owed them an answer. Guess what pal, he don't owe you or anybody else anything, including answers.

However, I've never seen a guy so interested in being helpful and answering questions when he's not buggered. So much so, I can't even understand his motive.

Blackwolf
08-29-2003, 04:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote beerwolf:</font><hr> It's too late! The posts about FL have been pulled and are no longer available at AZ. All that typing gone to waste! How sad. <hr /></blockquote>Indeed beerwolf. This happened after I posted this thread. It probably happened because I posted this thread and Mike didn't want any interlopers to see the fun we were having over there.

Anyway, now I take back what I said. AZ Billiards is worse than CCB for squelching open honest discussion.

Perhaps the forum with the best potential for dynamicism is playpool.com. However, that is run by Right Wing White Supremisists and Black Hating Racists. They banned the innocent and lovable Undercover Brother for openly yearning for brotherhood amongst all men.

rackmup
08-29-2003, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Whitewolf:</font><hr> Just send him a question and see what kind of response you get before you (and others) start bad mouthing the guy.<hr /></blockquote>

(Tried that. Doesn't work. He's still an ass.)

Regards,

RackumbuttheadKen

jjinfla
08-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Quote WW: Jake, I have to disagree with you, just a little.
Kieth, Blackjack, Grady and Earl have all posted some good information and stories to both the CCB and AZB. However, other than an occasional good story, Larry never provided any good pool information. When pushed to provide pool information, he would tell the person to call him for a lesson. He was not willing to share any knowledge. Also, as we all know, he would frequently attack people for no good reason.
_____

Evidently you didn't take WW's advice and read what Larry wrote on billiards-pool, or on his website. And why criticize Larry for not providing any good pool information and not apply that same criteria to everyone else on this board? Where does it say that a person must provide good pool info to post here? Probably half the posters here are like that. Should they all be banned? Afterall, these message boards are just a way to kill time. Not to be taken seriously.

Jake

bluewolf
08-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Just there. All gone the FL posts where he was fighting with tshot, the poll yappingwolf started,etc. Yep, jus pool stuff at az right now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Laura

Rod
08-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Give your BS a rest. FL can't hold anything. Go help your brother, undercover brother. That should keep you busy many, many, days.

Rich R.
08-30-2003, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Blackwolf:</font><hr> Correction: some people asked him questions with a "dare 'ya to answer attitude" and as if he owed them an answer. Guess what pal, he don't owe you or anybody else anything, including answers.

However, I've never seen a guy so interested in being helpful and answering questions when he's not buggered. So much so, I can't even understand his motive. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm sorry to disagree again, but some have asked questions of Larry, in a very respectful manner. In return, they were attacked and told to visit his web site or book a lesson.

You are correct that Larry does not owe us anything. But, if he is going to come on to a public forum and claim to be an expert instructor, wanting to share information, he should at least answer the questions he is asked. At the very least, he should treat the questioners with respect. Larry never treated anyone on this board, or AZB, with respect.

eg8r
08-30-2003, 06:58 AM
You are the most fickle anon on the board. Who is your favorite now?

eg8r

rackmup
08-30-2003, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>Let's give Larry the credit he deserves.<hr /></blockquote>

I agree. I'll start the list and others can add to it. Below you will find my list of things FL deserves credit for:
<ul type="square"> [/list]
That's all I can think of for now.

Regards,

RackumbuttheadKen

Voodoo Daddy
08-30-2003, 03:16 PM
DUDE...you are a riot!!! BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
08-30-2003, 03:38 PM
He reponds to anyone's questions with the same diatribe about how he did this, that, and any other thing and never answers the question!

Plus, he's always defending himself without any real credentials that he can offer. He never proves they exist.

Oh, I forgot, he wants someone to show up at his house so he can shove a trophy up his a$$.

Real classy act.

NOT!

Barbara~~~sick of FL

Ralph S.
08-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Hell, I thought we was done with Fast Larry months ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rackmup
08-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Barbara,

You have to excuse our easily impressed Whitewolf. Mr. Guninger apparently visited his home, showed him a few set-up shots and hawked a few of his "World Champion" videos to him, all the while bringing him under the Guninger spell.

WW is now convinced that Larry walks on the "Billiards Water of the Gods", is unbeatable and that Guninger recognizes WW as the only APA s/l-7 that is worthy of standing in the same room with him.

Either that or FL did the "trophy up the arse" trick with such gentle dexterity that WW is now secretly enamored with him in a freaky sort of way.

Please keep in mind I have no proof of any of this and I'm not suggesting anything in anyway in any shape, form or fashion.

I don't want WW to get mad at me as I think our friendship is just now beginning to blossom.

Regards,

Ken

CarolNYC
08-31-2003, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
to see the fun we were having over there.

<hr /></blockquote>
I read the azbilliards forum the other day and I didnt think threatening to post personnal information,such as, email addresses,cellphone numbers, work addresses,work phone numbers,names, was fun at all!

jjinfla
08-31-2003, 06:02 AM
Anybody notice how the attacks are now aimed at White Wolf? And of course by the same people who always were accusing accusing Larry of going on the attack when he would call people names. When one is dealing with simple minded idiots, what else do you call them but simple minded idiots? All Larry was doing was lowering himself to their level and speaking in the vernacular. And of course, only the simple minded idiots need reply to this post.

Jake

Voodoo Daddy
08-31-2003, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> All Larry was doing was lowering himself to their level and speaking in the vernacular.
Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Not fair Jake...using $10 words like "vernacular" to all us simple minded folk. Hiding behind billiard nomanclature is an apparent sign of intellegence? FL's ransackery continue's...........He has been gone from here for quite some time and still makes a impact...kinda like Tupac Shakur, dead for 6 years and still puts out quality rap music&lt;IMO, there is no such thing as quality rap music or quality FL babble&gt;. This, to me is alil frightening.

rackmup
08-31-2003, 10:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla, the "Defender":</font><hr> I don't want WW to get mad at me as I think our friendship is just now beginning to blossom.<hr /></blockquote>

Guess you missed that part. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With your demeaning posts aimed at those who opposed FL, are you not lumping yourself into the same category as those you so terribly abhor?

Think about it.

Regards,

Ken (the simple minded idiot replying to this post.)

Qtec
08-31-2003, 11:01 AM
This whole FL thing was amusing, but its now getting to be BORING.
Cut the old guy some slack, give him a break- thats what I say.

Anyway , who really gives a f$ck?

This whole FL thing is getting to be like the internet version of 'the Bold and the Beautiful'.

All drama , no content.

Q

rackmup
08-31-2003, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Cut the old guy some slack, give him a break- thats what I say.<hr /></blockquote>

Sure...no problem.

On the very day you quit bashing the United States of America, berating our Government's policies and trashing my President, I'll back off "Fast Mouth" Larry Guninger.

Deal?

Regards,

Ken

Qtec
08-31-2003, 12:07 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was just a suggestion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

Blackwolf
08-31-2003, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> This whole FL thing...its now getting to be BORING.<hr /></blockquote>Fast Larry is about as boring as making six balls on the break.

rackmup
08-31-2003, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> It was just a suggestion. <hr /></blockquote>

I'll accept that as a "no" to the proposed mutual agreement.

Regards,

Ken

Sid_Vicious
08-31-2003, 07:25 PM
"Several people treated him with respect and asked questions. He offered no help in his responses and only pushed his lessons."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

I am not jabbing at Larry when I say that I have to totally agree with the statement you made. I tried and tried and tried AND tried...Larry just continued to give zilch to a direct question about pool. JM2C and I'm sticking to it.

I really do pray that he's going to get the best results from his hospital venture. I still consider he and I friends, as I do EVERYONE inside the group here, present and past...sid

bluewolf
09-01-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
Ray, I'm sorry, but I didn't misread anything. It started as soon as Larry appeared on this board, long before anyone attacked him and long before the Yapping Wolfs, etc. showed up.
<hr /></blockquote>

Rich, an apology in advance if i am misunderstanding you. As far as Larry vs the wolves, the wolves predated Larry by many months. The wolves , at least many of them, appeared on all three forums,shortly after I started posting.

Laura

Rich R.
09-01-2003, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>
Rich, an apology in advance if i am misunderstanding you. As far as Larry vs the wolves, the wolves predated Larry by many months. The wolves , at least many of them, appeared on all three forums,shortly after I started posting.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>
Laura, I did find a couple of "wolf" related names registered approximately 5 months after you. However, others registered many months afterward. One I saw, was as recent as 08/26/03.
Now I didn't search the entire user list and I don't intend to argue dates with you. I was mainly referring to "Yappingwolf" and I was unable to verify his registration date, because he has been removed from the list.
I also do not want to imply that all the posters, with wolf related names, are abusive. I don't believe they all are.

Since this thread was not about which wolf came first, and I do not intend to do the necessary research on that topic, I will stand by my original statement.
Larry has provided minimal, if any, answers to pool related questions and he started attacking other posters, before he was ever attacked. It seems to me, other posters, for the most part, reacted to the nasty, know it all, attitude of Fast Larry.

bluewolf
09-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Rich,

The wolves were at playpool and to a lessor extent at the old az forum several months before signing up on the new ccb software. Remember, when I got here, one year ago, we were still under the old format which included anons.

Yappingwolf was alive and well on playpool.com for quite a few months before signing onto ccb. Also, YW signed onto ccb right after alf got kicked off. Might not be connected,however.

Laura