PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall Junkies-How bout a new movie (A good one

sledhamrbrk
08-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Here's an idea CCBers write storyline.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gifSurely someone out there is capable of capturing a better snapshot of how pool is modern day.Lame knock-off of Color of Money with no storyline.C.O.M.at least they had an inspiring storyline of a player of yesterday making a fresh comeback. Still love the Hustler,C.O.M. and a couple of the other movies out there.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifHow bout an epic battle involving all the players rostered in this years US Open ,all players eventually being schooled by a no-name who put together multiple barrages of racks winning every set with nothing less than a 10 pack each match.

Only later to discover this player has spent years lurking in pool chat rooms,online instructional sites,begging free lessons,and gleaned all the tips from players everywhere by repeatedly posting:
"How do i keep practice from being boring"

Throw in a little Karate Kid ,wax on wax off = slow back smooth forward,slow back smooth forward,every day for 3 years being taught by Mr Miagi, a 65 year old former champion ,who also exhibited a similar 1 time show up and wipe em'all out excursion 40 years earlier.

Add a guy losing 40 large playing on air,convinces the winner and his backer to give him a ride to the bank,un-beknown to him,this guy is kocking off the bank to pay the debt.

Caught up in a massive car chase,Swat units,and exposions only to closely escape by the car crashing into the Mississippi river. They all escape the heat with 2.3 million dollars in cash ,a cuetech cue,(amazing they float too)

Rescued by a house boat headed to New Orleans.Slipping word along the way to the Jungleman (old freind of Mr.Miagi) who provides them with a hideout for several days,as they make arrangments for a float to the Phillipines.Once safely in the Philipines they spend the rest of thier days ,protected by diplomatic immunity,they enjoy sipping cocktails, daily match ups of 15 ball rotation and "schooling"the locals how to invade the American pool scene.Local women are treated by yellow roses flown in from Texas daily.(this would be the romance part of the movie.)

Now we might have a movie that is captivating ,exciting ,and might actually sell a few tickets at the box office.

Brent
08-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Nice post and good imagination. But the thing Id really like to see would be with tom cruise and paul newman again. Newman wouldnt even have to play..he would just be hangin around telling people how 40 years ago he had the screws put on him :P Id also like to see some young guns who do know where to break from in order to get a nice spread in 9-ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icon of Sin
08-31-2003, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr> Nice post and good imagination. But the thing Id really like to see would be with tom cruise and paul newman again. Newman wouldnt even have to play..he would just be hangin around telling people how 40 years ago he had the screws put on him :P Id also like to see some young guns who do know where to break from in order to get a nice spread in 9-ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

First let me say I like PHJ, not as much as COM or Hustler, butit was decent.

Anyway, id love to see Newman comeback and repise the role of Fast eddie nd cap off the series s a trilogy of sorts. Would be very cool to see him play that role again. Wouldnt mind seeing Cruise play Vincent again either.

COM is definately my fav pool movie.

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2003, 12:10 PM
I always said that there should be a Reality Pool movie. What the hell. It'll fit in nowadays what with all the reality shows. It can't get any better than that! I can see it now:

1. the money struggles
2. the anxiety before a tournament
3. the sleepless nights
4. the gambling
5. the degenerates
6. the pool hall
7. the people (real poolplayers!)
8. the Pros that are only known within the pool community
9. the disappointing payouts

Get the picture?

rackmup
08-31-2003, 01:27 PM
9BG,

I don't know why it can't be done. I mean, they have a reality show based on the building of custom choppers at a well known custom shop (West Coast Choppers.)

Regards,

Ken (Harley and Pool reality shows: The only thing better would be a reality show about strippers. Or maybe...one about Mexican food. I know! One about Mexican food restaurant stripping waitresses playing pool in a Harley shop. Oh yeah. I'd watch.)

Ralph S.
08-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey Ken, I was kinda thinking something similar. Such dirty little minds we have. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sledhamrbrk
09-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Wendy,

Good idea. I like it.There are definitely some characters out there worthy of film.Maybe the reality show would be as addicting as the game itself.

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2003, 01:19 PM
I was thinking that instead of having a reality Pool movie, it should be one of those 5 part documentary thingys.

pooltchr
09-02-2003, 06:24 AM
How about "Who wants to play pool with my Dad?"
"US Open Survivor"
"Thousandare" (Won't be any millionare's in pool in my lifetime!)
Or even better yet, Lock a dozen pool players in a pool room. Make them play against each other, and when you lose, you get kicked out....oh, wait a minute, that sounds like a pool tournament, and we know that wouldn't fly on TV!

cycopath
09-02-2003, 08:51 AM
"American Potter"

A son and father team that travel around playing tournaments and occassionally hustling the local shortstops. The kid is a really great upcoming shooter. And the dad is a hot head always going off in the poolhall, throwing sticks around and cursing at his son to "get the job done".

Sound like a winner, or a wiener?

Lester
09-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Cycopath ----- You already "had" me with the title. I'm still laughing. ***Lester***

Perk
09-03-2003, 08:38 AM
I think they came through our pool room last month... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
09-03-2003, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a COM-II.

Vince show up in a poolhall for hustling, he's been running table all night making a few hundreds. He's tired nobody want to play him anymore, suddenly, a girl show up. She want to play him for a 100$, he disagree, he has pitty, joking around he try to explain he would have to give her the 6 and the break to make it fair. She agrees and raise the anti to 2000$.

Vince find himself in a game he simply was joking about and get pressured by the crowd to respect his prosition, prous has he is, he gets in.

The girls takes the break and hit a perfect stop on the one sending 3 balls in. She only has to shoot the 2 and the 5 to sit on an easy 6 and win the game. She procedes and win.

Out of the dark in the PH, Eddie comes out to collect the money, Vince and him decide to re-unite to go on the road, this time, they have a new weapon for their hustle, that's Eddie's daughter. Even him didn't even knew he had one, later in the movie we will learned that she seeked him and worked her game up to earn his respect, joined him to hustle and became his protege.

Throw in a forbiden romance between the girls and Vince. Jalousy of Eddie not wanting his daughter to get involved with a pool player and a few hustle that turns bad, maybe a drug problem with Vince etc.

For the Climax, they end up at the Women US open, Vince rejoin with his ex-girls (from COM), in love again he puts drugs aside for good, Eddie gets a hearth attack during the open, he has to be taken away and his daughter wants to follow. He ask her to do what he could never do himself and go win the Open. During the finals, Eddies daughter wins while Vince is in the hospital with Eddie. At the announcement of the new Champion, Eddie smiles at Vince and pass away....

c.holtz009
09-03-2003, 06:19 PM
Personally, I think that's a great storyline.
Very imaginitive!!