PDA

View Full Version : Aiming At The Pockets Edge!

HiPockets
08-30-2003, 07:35 AM
I have been playing pool since 1961. Eightball, nineball, straight pool, one pocket, bottle pool, cowboy, golf, mexican pool, snooker, you name it. I have always shot for center pocket until recently. I began aiming for the edge of the pocket and my shotmaking has vastly improved. I aim for the near edge of the pocket and find that if I hit the rail short of the pocket that the ball still has a chance to fall. Maybe it is a short term quick fix but I have not lost confidence in this aiming technique after a month of shooting at the edge. Any comments?

Chris Cass
08-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi Hipockets,

The only time you do aim for ctr pocket is when the ball is straight in. Judging by how long you've been playing I'd say shooting by angles should work very good for you. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~welcome to the board.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
08-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it gives you a bigger pocket. If you go wide (toward center of table) then the ball goes in the center of the pocket. If you are wide toward the rail and even hit 6 inches up rail the ball will still drop, especially if you are using rail side bottom. At least that is the description the Monk gives in describing his snip shot in his video. I love that shot and even used today on the 9. Jake