PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Billiard Expo Banner Ad ?

Photoguy
08-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Anybody else find that banner ad for the Midwest Billiard Expo just a bit tacky? Is there really a need to have a second photo of these two sisters showing as much cleavage as possible. I'm no prude, but is this the best that they have to offer? Actually, I've seen them (usually just strutting around) at minor tournaments, but never on the WPBA Tour. Anybody know anything about these two? Can they actually play. Shouldn't the banner ad for a billiard expo say more about what the highlights of the expo will be rather than just showing two women who think they'er attractive? Before you start flaming, I'll certainly give these girls respect when I see them spend as much time playing pool as I do see them walk around dressed in as tight fitting clothes as possible trying to be seen. Whether that is what they are trying to do or not, that is the image that is coming across. . . .

Iowashark
08-30-2003, 06:01 PM
To be completely honest with you, I knew about the Midwest Expo long before I saw the banner, in fact I was signed up for it long before I saw the banner ad. But regardless of my existing enrollment and knowledge of the tournement, I clicked on the banner anyway. Mainly because of the girls. So they must be doing something right, or is it just me?

mike_in_iowa
08-30-2003, 06:16 PM
ok I'll bite. who are you Iowashark. (just got back from vegas, going to the midwest open) I'm sure I know you but who are you.

mike athens

jjinfla
08-30-2003, 06:29 PM
You're kidding right?
I've seen more cleavage in church.
Besides, it's their smiles that is the attraction.
Jake

TheChump
08-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh no! Another purist on the board!

Geez, this issue was recently discussed....

Why do some people keep bringing up the "let us try to clean the pool image bs" on this board?

Kelly R
09-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Hey Photodude!

Get a life! Is it that you didn't take the picture...poor thing. For you to be so harsh I can just imagine what you look like. Grow up! Go to the beach, have some fun enjoy life, smile for a change because you are a very unhappy person to be so judgmental.
Hey there is a running post on AZBilliards.com regarding the Ashton's, do your homework, reading cures literacy. Go to school educate yourself. Pick up any magazine (besides watch tower) and you'll find more then this banner exposed.
Apparently while you were watching them "strut around" they were bringing in master titles. Where did you place or did you. Maybe the midwest open should use your mug to sell their product? Scary thought!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Hate to reiterate what Kelly R said, but you need to go to azbilliards forum and read the thread on the Ashton Twins. Perhaps that will change your perspective.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Mike,

I met a couple of ladies in Vegas who either knew you or knew of you. The were The Witches of Eastgate APA team from Smokeys. They finished third. Great bunch of gals.

Fred Agnir
09-02-2003, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Photoguy:</font><hr> Actually, I've seen them (usually just strutting around) at minor tournaments, but never on the WPBA Tour. Anybody know anything about these two? Can they actually play. <hr /></blockquote>They're both Masters players on the BCA. They both can play. Really play.

Fred

snook
09-02-2003, 10:57 AM
personally, if their going to put girls with cleavage on the banner, i would think they would find some good looking girls. sorry