PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Reminder

Mr Ingrate
08-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Just a reminder about the 2nd Annual CCB 9-Ball Tournament at the US Open on Saturday, September 20, 2003. Registration and practice at 10:00 am. Maximum 32 players, round robin, scotch doubles. Player numbers will be drawn randomally and team pairings will change at the end of each round. The top two finishers will play off in a race to 3 for the over-all championship. BCA 9-ball rules will apply. See the BCA Web Site (http://www.bca-pool.com). Once the player draw is completed the match-ups are already set. If you wish to view the tournament charts, etc. click here (http://www3.telus.net/syrja/ccb/ccb_32_tourney.pdf).

Please confirm your entry with 9-Ball Girl as it is a little tricky setting up the charts. I have already done the set ups for 20, 24, 28, and 32 players. If we are going to have less I would like to know as soon as possible.

It's too late to mail out name tags again, but for those of you who missed the opportunity you can download this file (http://www3.telus.net/syrja/ccb/ccb_nametag.pdf) (it is an interactive pdf file) and print it using the avery #5384 name tag form from your local office supply company.

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dave

Karatemom
08-31-2003, 11:57 AM
We will be there, with bells on, or at least with overalls and straw hats, LOL. As a matter of fact, i am starting to pack already. Also, for those of you who have been already, what is the dress attire for the Open guests and at the Grate Steak? Want to make sure we don't look like the hillbillies that we are, hahahahahahaha.

Heide ~ how many days now, Kato?

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2003, 12:03 PM
It's casual dress all the way. There's air conditioning in the convention center so a light jacket will do. All I know is when I got to VA that Friday last year, it was hot as hell!

Qtec
08-31-2003, 12:10 PM
What tournament? There's a tournament? Am I invited.?

Nobody told me . Is this a 'clubby'thing?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kato
08-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Sure Q, hop on a plane to Norfolk International Airport and tell me when you'll be there and I'll pick you up personally.

Heide, dress comfortably. I got by on jeans and long sleeve shirts last year.

Wendy, I updated the countdown.

I am in, Phil in SoFla is in.

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2003, 08:22 PM
The USUAL temperature is in the mid 70s for the highs and in the low 60s high 50s for the lows.

Last year it got into the high 80s with high humidity. I think that's an exception. For the last 5 or so years that I've been going, its always been very pleasent.

The convention center keeps it cold inside. The players voiced their concerns about the heat in there one year and the convention center obiged them and the spectators have been paying for it ever since. A light jacket or sweater is recommended.

Two weeks from today.. I'll be there..

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> We will be there, with bells on, or at least with overalls and straw hats, LOL. As a matter of fact, i am starting to pack already. Also, for those of you who have been already, what is the dress attire for the Open guests and at the Grate Steak? Want to make sure we don't look like the hillbillies that we are, hahahahahahaha.<hr /></blockquote>

Something like this will be fine....

http://www.taconicalumni.org/images/american-gothic.jpg

Also whitewolf and bluewolf will be attending.....

http://www.pawsamomentcards.com/american_gothic_copyright.jpg

I think the wolves have a sense of humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato
09-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Can you guys bring me some corn? Or how about a straw hat? We don't have those down here.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2003, 01:25 PM
http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1061603521.gif

Oh, Wally, you kill me!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1061603521.gif

Oh, Wally, you kill me!!! <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato and 9BG:

http://www.loubeach.com/I%20M%20A%20G%20E%20S/AMERICAN%20GOTHIC.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2003, 01:55 PM
Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Wendy&lt;---starting to get the strange looks from my coworkers! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1060905579.gif

Ross
09-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Question for other CCB tourney participants-

A friend of mine (Dan) will be going to the Open with me. I was wondering IF we end up needing someone to get an even number of players or get to 32 or 28 or some other nice number, how would others feel if he were available as a fill-in. I personally vouch that Dan is no pool ringer (I could give him the 8). But he is a very bright and funny guy who just loves pool and the whole pool scene. I'm sure he would agree to not being eligible for any prizes - he would just participate for the social and pool aspect if asked to.

Dan isn't a total stranger to CCB. He watched part of the tourney last year (since I was in it) and mentioned that he would like to play next year, but he never got it together to start posting. He does lurk CCB occasionally, though.

I'm not sure what the downside is - it could solve a scheduling issue and make Mr. Ingrates job easier, as well as introduce another good guy into the CCB fold. But there may be one I'm missing. What do others think?

Kato
09-03-2003, 09:43 AM
I don't see a problem filling the field Ross. My bud George may fly up and play too, he's only got 6 posts or so but he lurks quite a bit. We'll probably pull up a little short and since it's scotch (I think) it's all about the fun.

Kato~~~he who's decision's are discarded.

Rich R.
09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
I have no problem with it Ross.

Like my opinion matters. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2003, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> A friend of mine (Dan) will be going to the Open with me. I was wondering IF we end up needing someone to get an even number of players or get to 32 or 28 or some other nice number, ....... What do others think? <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely. Beats the hell out of waiting an hour for an even number to show up. Been there...it sucks. And there will be no-shows.

BTW we need a cutoff time for sign-in ..... IMO

Wally~~does however remember the last time someone vouched for a player /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr Ingrate
09-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Ross,

I don't see a problem with that and would encourage anything that gives us a full field.

Changing partners each round is great as it tends to level out the playing field (unless you get me as a partner in which case I will drag you down to my level), but it does have some built in problems:

1. There must be an even number of teams. Since scores are tabulated individually, each player must play the same number of games. Byes are not an option. Also that kind of limits the entry to 16, 14, 12, 10, etc. teams which translates to 32, 28, 24, 20, etc. players.

2. It is still possible to operate with 29-31, 25-27, 21-23, 17-19, etc. players but it means some "teams" will consist of only 1 player.

I personally would like to see a full field, but, being a pessimistic optimist, have the charts set up to handle 20,24,28, and 32 players.

Mr Ingrate
09-03-2003, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
BTW we need a cutoff time for sign-in ..... IMO
<hr /></blockquote>

Good point Wally,

We will be open for business at 10:00am Saturday to accept sign-ups. I think we should cut them off at 10:30am to allow us time to have the first round match cards and personal score cards printed and distributed. I anticipate an 11:00 start. I will accept sign-ups on Friday during the day whenever you see me, or at dinner in the evening. I'll wear my Tilley Hat so you can find me in the crowd. If there is more than one hat like mine just look for the ugliest guy.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2003, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr>

We will be open for business at 10:00am Saturday to accept sign-ups. I think we should cut them off at 10:30am to allow us time to have the first round match cards and personal score cards printed and distributed. I anticipate an 11:00 start.

<font color="blue">That would be excellent. I hate tournaments that start late. Oh wait, they all start late LOL </font color>

I will accept sign-ups on Friday during the day whenever you see me, or at dinner in the evening. I'll wear my Tilley Hat so you can find me in the crowd.

<font color="blue">This one? </font color>

http://www3.telus.net/syrja/ccb/dave_tilley.jpg

If there is more than one hat like mine just look for the ugliest guy.

<font color="blue">Sir, I resemble that remark. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Although I do look quite fashionable in my silk Hawaiin shirt and cheap sunglasses.
</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Mr Ingrate
09-03-2003, 12:34 PM
You got it Wally. Forgot about that picture and the hat discussion. I've changed my profile photo.

bluewolf
09-03-2003, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> 1. There must be an even number of teams. Since scores are tabulated individually, each player must play the same number of games. Byes are not an option. Also that kind of limits the entry to 16, 14, 12, 10, etc. teams which translates to 32, 28, 24, 20, etc. players.

2. It is still possible to operate with 29-31, 25-27, 21-23, 17-19, etc. players but it means some "teams" will consist of only 1 player.

I personally would like to see a full field, but, being a pessimistic optimist, have the charts set up to handle 20,24,28, and 32 players.
<hr /></blockquote>

WW and I are signed up. Unfortunately, I got a sitting an ill family member job at the last minute which will be for three weeks and is during the open.It is a long story really but this person cannot be left alone. I am still hoping to get someone to watch her for the open weekend so I can drive the 5 hours to the open, so I am leaving my name on the list, being an optomist.Afterall,we have been planning this for 6 months. WW will be coming from dc. I would be coming from Roanoke, va.

Laura

ps wally, i think thanks for the cute pics of us /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rod
09-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Dave,

In past experience with pool players, if you want it to start at 11 AM you should advertise start at 10:30 AM! Move everything forward from there. See I know many pool players do no know how to tell time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I had a few people my friends and I would take over or under's. We would bet on a certain amount of time being late. Believe me these people didn't disapoint us, they held up to being late every time. It was just a question of how late. Just look back to the last CCB tournament and you'll have the names of those going to be late this time. Since it's so new the're may be exceptions but some always keep the same habits. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

OH, BTW, Never mind, "I'm Sure" none of the CCB gang would even consider being late. BUT just in case, you should save a "special" gift as a reminder for that special person/s. That will be given away at the CCB tourney and announced on the CCB after the US Open is over. Let us know how special they are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod

9 Ball Girl
09-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Well, I can honestly say that I was the straggler last year. I got there at 11AM on the dot--give or take a few minutes. Or was it 12PM? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm not a late person but, because of my usual travel jinxes, I was the last person to show up. I didn't get to warm up, maybe hit about 4 balls with Lester, plus I played with a Predator (courtesy of Kato) which I was not used to. And I had to play on tables I had never played on before. And it was kind of chilly at Q-Masters. And I was being pestered by my ex (that's why he's an ex). And after I left my room I had to check out and check in to a neighboring hotel hoping to get a room. And I had to wait for my luggage to show up. And...ah you get the picture.../ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wendy&lt;---much more prepared this time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
09-03-2003, 04:16 PM
WOW, talk about feeling guilty! I didn't expect a full confession from anyone. Actually I've heard most of them, yes even here in Arizona. Glad to hear your on the ball this year, we sure wouldn't want people talking; now would we? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~ rod, that PI course is paying off /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross
09-03-2003, 04:42 PM
I agree with everyone that starting on time would be a good thing.

Dave has done a wonderful job of organizing what should be a fun tournament. However, there are some details to be noticed. If we get 32 players, the format is to try to play 15 rounds so each team plays each other team once and so everthing evens out in terms of strength of opponents. As Dave pointed out, we can always stop short of the full set of rounds if we need to, but 15 rounds is the goal. And because we will be switching partners each round, it will be practically a requirement that ALL 8 tables finish their round before we start transitioning to the next.

Assume that - on average- the slowest 2-game matches take a total of 10 minutes. (I'm guessing here. Does that sound realistic? Most nineball games take what, 3-5 minutes? But some can take 5-8+ minutes:the ones with lots of safety battles, a bunch of clusters to break out, or everyone is missing and leaving the next person hard. There is also the scotch double factor that probably adds a minute or two.)

Transition between rounds will probably take 2-5 minutes? We will need time to find our new table assignment, move our stuff to the new table, meet our new partner and opponents, and someone of the 4 (probably me) will need a bathroom break. So lets be optimistic and say we can average 3 minutes moving from round to round.

So if these assumptions are close, each round + transition may average 13 or so minutes. 15 rounds times 13 minutes = 195 minutes, or 3 1/4 hours of solid play (no breaks and no extended chitchat).

We then have a playoff race to 3 for the two top finishers. That will take another 1/2 hour or so. So, IF everything goes according to plan (and when was the last time that happened??) we are at about 4 hours after we start play, unless we want to take a 1/2 hour or so little lunch and bullshxx break in the middle, which I would vote for! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'm just pointing this out so we can factor it in our plans, not to sound negative. I will be happy spending several hours playing pool with you guyses. I like the idea of a 10:30 cutoff time to register (and to motivate me to get my sorry ass out of bed), and then aiming to start play by 11:00. If we do, we won't feel overly rushed and I would guestimate that we should finsih by 3:30 to 5 or so (more likely the latter). Just in time to mosey over to see some more action by the amateurs of the world - Strickland, Reyes, etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way, do we have a room yet, and are we assured of 8 tables?

Barbara
09-03-2003, 04:50 PM
I would suggest a shot clock - one minute for a shot is a lot of time.

Barbara

Ross
09-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks Kato, Rich, Wally, Dave, etc, and all who said yes. I will tell my friend "Long-Haired, Hippie Dan" that he is invited to be a fill-in at the tournament in case we need him to make the field an even number.

9-Ball Girl, can you put him down as a 1st alternate or whatever?

9 Ball Girl
09-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Done Deal. He'll be number 31. We're not up to Alternates yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
09-04-2003, 05:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>I will tell my friend "Long-Haired, Hippie Dan" that he is invited to be a fill-in at the tournament in case we need him to make the field an even number. <hr /></blockquote>
Wait a minute there. You didn't say anything about no long haired hippie freak. Didn't you see the "signs"?
"Long haired, hippie freaks, need not apply."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-04-2003, 07:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Wait a minute there. You didn't say anything about no long haired hippie freak. Didn't you see the "signs"?
"Long haired, hippie freaks, need not apply."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Well, maybe he'll "tuck his hair up under his hat..." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Surely, my dear enlightened grasshopper - after VD ducked you at the Open - you will show to let us bask at your bravery and magnanimity?

I was ready to all hail the new CB queen. Oh well! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

WW and I are signed up. Unfortunately, I got a sitting an ill family member job at the last minute which will be for three weeks and is during the open.It is a long story really but this person cannot be left alone. I am still hoping to get someone to watch her for the open weekend so I can drive the 5 hours to the open, so I am leaving my name on the list, being an optomist.Afterall,we have been planning this for 6 months. WW will be coming from dc. I would be coming from Roanoke, va.

Laura

ps wally, i think thanks for the cute pics of us /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ross
09-05-2003, 12:02 PM
And I went in to ask them why.
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man. I guess you'll do.
So I took off my hat and said
"Imagine that! Me, playin' pool with you!"

Wendy, you are much to young to remember that song! Sorry, Rich, I can't say the same about you or me.

And much to Dan's dismay, he now has a real job and has sunk to being "semi-long hair hippie Dan." I think his biggest dread about finishing graduate school was knowing he was going to have to cut his locks for job interviews. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ross ~ who better quit talking about him - Dan's not real fond of his "bizness" being bandied about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SPetty
09-05-2003, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Wendy, you are much to young to remember that song! Sorry, Rich, I can't say the same about you or me. <hr /></blockquote>Or me...

You may not know that the song has been remade fairly recently - I'm sure our local musician-types would be able to tell you who remade it. I've heard it on our local alternative rock station within the past few months! That's probably the one that Wendy's heard...

Wally_in_Cincy
09-05-2003, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> You may not know that the song has been remade fairly recently - I'm sure our local musician-types would be able to tell you who remade it. I've heard it on our local alternative rock station within the past few months! That's probably the one that Wendy's heard... <hr /></blockquote>

Tesla. Not more than 10 years ago.

Originally by The Five Man Electrical Band. About 1972.

hth

9 Ball Girl
09-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I know the song from the Five Man Electrical Band and I know Tesla's too but I knew the former first. Hey, I ain't that much of a spring chicken (kicking 30 in the arse), but I know good music! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jjinfla
09-07-2003, 12:34 PM
My bud and I might get there late thursday. And since you all will be too busy playing Saturday to go watch the pros play maybe a couple of you with VIP seats would like to sell a couple to me for the morning session. If that's allowed. Or do they sell unsold VIP seating on a daily basis?

Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
09-07-2003, 12:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> My bud and I might get there late thursday. And since you all will be too busy playing Saturday to go watch the pros play maybe a couple of you with VIP seats would like to sell a couple to me for the morning session. If that's allowed. Or do they sell unsold VIP seating on a daily basis?

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Why don't you play in the CCB tourney. Or at least leave that as an option as we will probably need folks to fill out the field.

If not, you can use my VIP seat. Row C, seats 21 thru 24 should be vacant during the CCB event. I've got seat 21. You'll have to ask the owners of the others.

jjinfla
09-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey Wally, You know the old saying, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than speak and remove all doubt" right?

Well, the same thing is true for pool players. Especially in my case. It is better for you all to think I am a slug than to play and remove all doubt. LOL

But I probably will stop in just to admire all those nice cues.

Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
09-07-2003, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Hey Wally, You know the old saying, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than speak and remove all doubt" right?

Well, the same thing is true for pool players. Especially in my case. It is better for you all to think I am a slug than to play and remove all doubt. LOL

<font color="blue">You gotta be better than me /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

<font color="blue">My cue is much nicer than my game /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm betting on my partners leaving me easy cut shots /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Rod
09-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Wally,

One foot, 15 degree cut shots are my specailty. I think I can win from there, but don't ask for great position if it's not the last ball! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mr Ingrate
09-07-2003, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Hey Wally, You know the old saying, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than speak and remove all doubt" right?

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake,

How about playing if we need to fill out the field to 32? You must be able to play as well as I do, which ain't no hell.

Rich R.
09-08-2003, 04:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> If that's allowed. Or do they sell unsold VIP seating on a daily basis?<hr /></blockquote>
Jake, they do sell VIP passes for each session. They allow you to sit in any VIP seat that is not being used. If the person comes, you just have to move to another seat. There are also VIP seats that have not been reserved, which would be available.

You should really think about playing in the CCB tournament. Trust me, we are not all world beaters and we do have a good time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
09-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Sounds good. Now to see if there are any rooms available at the Holliday or Hampton. I take it they are pretty close. Any one better than the other? Jake---just won the 9-ball tournament last night so I am on a high. Should just about pay for one night.

Rich R.
09-08-2003, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Sounds good. Now to see if there are any rooms available at the Holliday or Hampton. I take it they are pretty close. Any one better than the other? Jake---just won the 9-ball tournament last night so I am on a high. Should just about pay for one night. <hr /></blockquote>
The Holiday Inn is the closest hotel to the convention center. Just a short walk across the parking lot. It also has all the services you could want. The Hampton Inn is a little farther away. I'm not sure, but IIRC it may still be within walking distance. Hampton Inns are pretty much the same all over and I'm sure that one is no different. It may also be a little cheaper, I'm not sure. Many of us are staying at the Holiday Inn.

I won't even guess if rooms are still available. The last time it was mentioned, I believe the Holiday Inn was just about full.

There is also a Red Roof Inn across the street, but I don't know anything about it.
At last report, the Wellsley Inn, which is close, is closed due to some kind of flooding problems they had.

Good luck.

Kato
09-08-2003, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> There is also a Red Roof Inn across the street, but I don't know anything about it.<hr /></blockquote>

What I can tell you about the Red Roof Inn is that last year we were in the bar (Tom Cincy, Voodoo, and I) at the Holiday drinking (yes alcohol) listening the Alan Hopkins tell stories and we watched Ralf Souquet walk across the street from there. It turns out he ended up winning the tournament so it stands to reason that the winner of the CCB tournament will also probably be staying there /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~staying at the Holiday Inn

Rich R.
09-08-2003, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I've got seat 21. <hr /></blockquote>
Only one seat Wally? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't tell me you are leaving your lady at home, after she was nice enough to take you to Vegas with her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does your lady know that you are sitting next to Wendy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It's a good thing that I will be there to chaperone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-08-2003, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I've got seat 21. <hr /></blockquote>
Only one seat Wally? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't tell me you are leaving your lady at home, after she was nice enough to take you to Vegas with her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<font color="blue">Yep. She won't ride that far in a car and she doesn't understand the thrill of watching pool matches all day. Besides, she's going to Frisco and Napa Valley in Oct. with 2 of her sisters and her wine conissuer niece.

Get this. They're renting a limo for 2 days so they can do wine tours and get hammered all day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Does your lady know that you are sitting next to Wendy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<font color="blue">nope /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif But she trusts me implicitly and explicitly, whatever that means /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Plus Wendy's probably got a really big boyfriend /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif</font color>

It's a good thing that I will be there to chaperone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue">Thanks Rich. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
09-08-2003, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> she's going to Frisco and Napa Valley in Oct. with 2 of her sisters and her wine conissuer niece.

Get this. They're renting a limo for 2 days so they can do wine tours and get hammered all day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
Wally, you may want to change plans and go on this trip.

Hmmmmmm, 2 days in the wine country, with 4 women. Better take an extra large wine glass and some cotton for your ears. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-08-2003, 09:55 AM
It'll be my pleasure to have Wally sitting next to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We can turn around and throw spitballs at Kato and his crew right behind us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wendy&lt;---7 more days!!!

Voodoo Daddy
09-08-2003, 10:18 AM
"So I took off my hat and said imagine that, huh, me workin for you?"

Tom_In_Cincy
09-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Kato,
What a memory, sitting in the bar.. drinking.. you, me and Voodoo... when we saw Ralf.. it was probably Sunday.. That was the only time reference that would tie this all together.

There was still a lot of pool playing and watching goin'on

Kato
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
That's the one Tom. It was Sunday afternoon. I remember feeling how weird that was, Ralf walking across the street alone. I felt kind of sad for him in a way. Of course, when he beat Alex in the final he looked awfully happy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato~~~remembers sitting at the bar talking football with Tom when he whipped it out..................not that you dirty minded perverts. His pre-shot routine in his wallet /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif