PDA

View Full Version : The CCB Tourney List

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Well, the U.S. Open is only about 2 weeks away and the CCB Tourney is about 3 weeks away and this is what we've got so far:

When: September 20, 2003
Time: 10 AM we start warming up; register
Where: Virginia Beach, VA (poolroom to be announced)
Who: CCBers
Why: Why not?!

Scotch Doubles 9 Ball, Round Robin, BCA Rules

1. WesK
2. Kato
3. 9 Ball Girl
4. RichR
5. PoolDaddy9
6. Ross
7. MikeM
8. Mr. Ingrate
9. Bluewolf
10. Whitewolf
11. Eric
12. Deeman
13. Brian in VA
14. Socrates
15. KillerBreak
16. Cueball1950
17. Ted Harris
18. KarateMom
19. Chris Cass
20. Christ
21. Phil in SoFLA
22. Jon from MN
23. Wally_in_Cincy
24. Ken
25. BillPorter
26. JMD in VA
27. Tom_in_Cincy
28. Fred Agnir
29. Jimmy B

Let me know if you'd like to take part in the tourney!

So far we've got the following goodies/door prizes:

--2x4 cue case from Talisman Tips (aka Tony CCB member)
--TWO 25 packs of Talisman Tips from Tony (CCB member)
--Tee Shirts from Talisman Tips (aka Tony)
--$650 Black Heart Cue from Jerry Eick (aka Blackheart)
--$50 cash from Brady Berhman (aka Brady)
--$50 membership to Fantasy 9 Ball from Brady Berhman
--1st and 2nd Place Trophies from CueBall1950 (Mike)
--4 One year subscriptions to Inside Pool from Sally (CCB Member)
--$50 cash from Mr. Ingrate (aka David S.)
--3 Talisman Tips from Harold A. (aka Predator anti-champion)
--$50 cash from Deeman
--Cue ball display case from PoolDaddy9 (aka Joel)
--Coin holders from Jon at MNBilliards (for all those bar box players)
--4 Ultimate Tip Tool from Socrates (Steve Campana author of Black Belt Billiards)
-- CCB T-Shirts (KarateMom)
-- 7 Accustat Video tapes (courtesy of Ross)

Kato and I will be the Pat Sajak and Vanna White of the above mentioned prizes. http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1060689364.gif

Note: On Friday, September 19, we're all meeting in the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM to go eat dinner at the Grate Steak.

Wendy<---the countdown has begun and I can't wait to see everyone! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1060689394.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2003, 08:30 PM
OK..once again... Thanks to all those people that have been very kind and generous in making all of this possible.

The 4 heavy hitters, making all the little things come together....

9 Ball Girl.. for keep us posted

Kato for the COUNTDOWN to the party

KarateMom for the CCB Tee Shirts. (We all owe her lots of money... let's not forget)

Mr. Ingrate for organizing the whole format and running the tournament.

CCB-III is only a year and two weeks away.. who's in?

snook
09-01-2003, 02:08 PM
although nobody knows me here, and i'm sure i probably wouldnt qualify, or be able to make it for that matter. i am still curious, whats it take to be in the ccb? # of posts? what.

thanks

Chris Cass
09-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi Ya Snook,

You have to have a CCB keyring and know somebody that owns an Omen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~glad to help. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
09-01-2003, 04:24 PM
I thought it was:

1) Own a CCB Keyring or Chris Cass key ring
2) CCB tournament t-shirt
3) have had a personal conversation with: Rackemup, Tom Cincy, or played on the NEWT tour.

I think that covers most of it.

Kato~~~thinks Cass is whack!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-01-2003, 06:22 PM
snook,
(btw, one of my favorite family friends is named Snook)

I've been thinking about your question on and off most of today.

[ QUOTE ]
whats it take to be in the ccb? <hr /></blockquote>

Being registerd is a pre-requisite, this you have already completed.

Posting, 200 + posts, your not far off... just 110 to go. This isn't really necessary, just a random number I picked.. for the CCB II tournament.

Following the rules of CCB (see CCB forum rules that you agreed to by registering), so far, you haven't been kicked off the forum.. so you seem to be following the rules..

Commenting, questioning, answering or replying to pool and/or non-pool related posts. From your 90 posts, I see you've done that.

The CCB KeyChain was the brain child of combination of CCB posters, coming up with the design and then getting them made and paid for by someone on the East Coast (I won't mention any names but his initials are MIKE). Some of us were lucky enough in getting one during the time they were given out. These KeyChains are not a pre-requisite for being a CCB member, but those that have one, show it proudly.

Being a wolf even qualifies.

There are CCB Member from Canada, Puerto Rica and even in the far east.. Talisman's one and only Tony.

Even the Netherlands (which will let Scotish immigrants in) has a CCB member.

I guess what I am saying, although there are some replies that indicate CCB is a tightly woven group of long time posters, there isn't any qualifications that most people can't meet.

When you go to a pool room, it just takes some time to be accepted by the regulars, same goes here, and when it happens, you become a regular.

Currently there are over 1050 registered members on CCB. Not all post daily or weekly, some just once or twice a month. Lurking is a favorite pastime for a lot of CCBers and lots of Anonomous people.

CCB III is just a year and 13 days away.. hope you can join us next year..

SPetty
09-01-2003, 08:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> CCB III is just a year and 13 days away.. hope you can join us next year.. <hr /></blockquote>Tom_In_Cincy,

It sounds like you're discouraging snook from attending our tournament this year. S/he said s/he could probably make it this year. Wouldn't s/he be welcome this year?

snook, if the tournament doesn't have 32 signed up yet, PM 9 Ball Girl and get your name added to the list. All CCBers are welcome. BTW - CCB stands for Cue Chalk Board, which is what Billiards Digest calls this forum.

I hope you guys have fun, and hey, some of you buy tequila for some other of you for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty~~~half of those 1050 registered posters Tom_In_Cincy mentioned signed up just to ask about which table to buy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I miss anons....

Tom_In_Cincy
09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
SPetty
OMG.. that was not my intention.. Snoop is welcome, by all means.

But we have to limit the prize give-aways somehow, there just isn't enough if all 1050 registered poster show up..

There are still 3 spots open.... they just need a commitment.

I'm very sorry is my post was, in anyway, sounding like any CCB poster couldn't show up... all are welcome.

cueball1950
09-01-2003, 10:30 PM
I would like to add 2 more prizes to our prize list. Does it have to be pool related? I have a Saratoga race course wall clock and an XL Funny Cide T Shirt i would also like to add. Let me know if they are acceptable. The track has a different give away every Sunday during the meet and i picked up a couple of extra items. So just let me know if they are welcome to the pool................Mike

wolfdancer
09-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Mike, I won the pre-drawing for the funny-cide t- shirt..please send asap..thanks

wolfdancer
09-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I think you should add as qualifying life experiences:
Anybody that has marvelled over the Sardo Rack
Anybody that owns(ed) a FlowBee home hair cutting system
Any truth to the rumor that both were designed by the same person(s)?
If you hook up your vacuum cleaner to the Sardo..will that give you a tighter rack???
How many more shopping days left until the "open"??

cueball1950
09-01-2003, 10:43 PM
I just may also have a seabiscuit mug to throw in there

Tom_In_Cincy
09-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Mike,
Sure... bring 'em down.. I'm sure they will be appreciated.

snook
09-02-2003, 12:33 AM
i may very well plan on trying for next year, but alas, i have a lesson w/ scott this saturday and a large fishing/paintball trip coming up in october i must start saving for, and lets not forget i plan on going to derby city this year for the tourney. so for a sixteen year old my budget is a LITTLE tight until i either A)hit the lottery. or B)hit the right guy and take his wallet.

thank you very much for the invite though, and no i did not in any way feel that you were telling me i couldnt come this year. i truly hope to meet all of you someday though. thanks again

pooljunkie73
09-02-2003, 12:39 AM
only 380 days to the 2004 Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Next year I will beg, borrow, or steal to get down there to meet all you great folks. Have fun you lucky b#stards. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kent Mc.

Hopster
09-02-2003, 01:40 AM
B)hit the right guy and take his wallet. &lt;--Snook

I like this guy already.

rackmup
09-02-2003, 04:05 AM
I just saw the movie and it was pretty good considering I originally thought it starred Cher and Matthew Broderick in a movie about the struggles of running an oceanside bakery.

Regards,

Ken

cycopath
09-02-2003, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snook:</font><hr>i have a lesson w/ scott this saturday and a large fishing/paintball trip coming up in october i must start saving for<hr /></blockquote>

Fishing and Paintball, that's a helluva combination.
Do you run around the lake with rod in one hand and marker in the other, trying to catch a bass and smack your buddy with some paint at the same time?
Or do you just shoot the fish with the marker? Kinda takes the catch out of "catch and release".

Just pulling your leg. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I play with a Bruzier Wiseguy II. Smart Parts bbl, Bob Long expansion chamber. Psycho drop forward.