PDA

View Full Version : Bucktooth losing? you be the judge

L.S. Dennis
08-31-2003, 01:11 PM
This is an interesting post that appeared over at az billiards a short while back:
Unknown Player Beat Bucktooth For $10,000
About 2 week ago this asian guy come into California Billiard and give Bucktooth the 5 7 8 9 and the breaks. I thought is easy money for Bucktooth since he supposed to be good player, but I guess he too old now. The other player shoot good and could run out but Bucktooth could not even make the money balls 5 inches straight into the pocket. Bucktooth can not even run more than 2-3 balls. He run maybe 2 balls and then miss easy shot even beginner can make. I side bet on Bucktooth and lose $400 myself cause Bucktooth is blind and helpless.

I read on other message board saying Bucktooth lose 8,000 but I think is wrong he lose about 10,000 :

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the weekend of August 17th, I stopped in at California Billiards in Mountain View to check out their One-Pocket tournament and saw some Vietnamese(?) kid giving Bucktooth the 5, 7, 8, 9 and the breaks playing 9-Ball for $500 a game! Yeah, I was a little shocked too.

I figured that just about ANYONE who could pick up a cue could win with that spot, but Bucktooth DOGGED so may shots it was just sickening!

Bucktooth couldn't even run 3 balls in a row! He missed the 5 straight in the side pocket, missed the 4 ball straight in like 5 or 6 times, missed the 7, missed the 8... it was just ridiculous.

Of course this kid played pretty phenomenal too. Whenever Bucktooth missed, the kid ran out -- then again, when you're giving up weight like that, you'd better run out. But it was just a total massacre.

And if that wasn't enough, the kid adjusted the game briefly, giving Bucktooth the 4, 7, 8, 9 and the breaks -- where Bucktooth BARELY won maybe 1-2 games. Then they re-adjusted back to the 5, 7, 8, 9 and the breaks. It was sad really. Bucktooth had no chance.

This whole fiasco went on for about 6-7 hours, and ended with Bucktooth losing about $8000!

I came back the next day to see if anything else was going on and Bucktooth was back there waiting to play the kid again, saying he had brought $50,000. Of course the kid wasn't there... But I had some time to kill, so I figured I'd wait a little bit and see if anything materialized.

Finally, after a few hours the kid shows up again. Bucktooth wanted to play some One-Pocket this time, but the kid only wanted to play some more 9-Ball the same way as before -- giving Bucktooth the 5, 7, 8, 9 and the breaks. No deal though. I don't think Bucktooth wanted any more of that game after what happened.

But what I would really like to know is, who the hell was that kid??? Someone said he looked Vietnamese, or he was Vietnamese (can't quite recall their exact words), but perhaps he could be some unknown from the Philippines...

Any thoughts?

DaveThomas
09-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Better look at the original post (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?threadid=1194&referrerid=0) along with a more recent post (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?threadid=1242&referrerid=0).

-Dave

wolfdancer
09-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Here's the story...at $500 a game he gave him the 5, 8..and won $7,000...then the spot was adjusted to the 4,8...another $3,200 won.
Before that he beat a good local player out of $3,000 ..17/10
Then lost some of that back, to the backer..giving up the 7,8 (hill,hill)
I've heard this from several regulars that were there..didn't see it myself, as I was on vac.