PDA

View Full Version : Major Califinia tournaments?

L.S. Dennis
08-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Just wondering, why aren't there ever any major tournaments here in California? Years ago there used to be the LA Open but that has not taken place for some time now. I can understand why there wouldn't be anything in the SF Bay Area because it costs so much to do anything here. But certainly other parts of the state can't cost all that much!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2003, 10:21 PM
L S..

I was wondering that very same thing today. This next weekend there is a $10,000 added in the LA area, but it's not a Major..
Vagas and Reno have yearly Majors, but that's about it..

I sure miss the Cincy area.. Derby City Classic, Glass City, Chicago Expo, only 600+ miles from the US Open.. Lexington AllStars use to have 2 a year and was a $20,000 added.

Sacramento has the twice a year Jamboree at Hard Times Billiards, as a warmup to the BIG Reno tournaments.

L.S. Dennis
08-31-2003, 10:39 PM
Hey Tom,
Don't know if you just moved to California or how long you've been here but if you haven't already you might want to check out 'California Billiard Club' down in Mt. View something if you're down that way.

Sacramento is a great pool town though, I like 'Hard Times'too! Welcome to this state

California Kid
09-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Tom. Hardtimes tournaments are more of a cool down to the Reno tournaments. Week after both of them. Sometimes the great players are there and sometimes not.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-03-2003, 10:44 PM
CA-Kid
Sorry, if I gave out bum info, I was under the impression that the Jamboree's Hard Times had were just before the Reno events.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-03-2003, 10:47 PM
L.S. Dennis
Sounds like we ought to get together in the Bay for some pool. I'm only about 2 hours driving time from SF. Or, if you like, drive to Sacramento..

L.S. Dennis
09-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Tom,

I'd like that, sounds great!
Dennis