PDA

View Full Version : Add'tl Prizes for 2nd Annual USOpen CCB Tourney

Ross
09-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Ok, since none of "you'se lowlifes" would jump on my bandwagon for prizes given during the run of play of the tournament, I will have to get off my butt and make some contributions myself! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I therefore make my modest prize contribution of Six (6) Accustats 9-Ball Tapes. All tapes have been pre-viewed for quality assurance purposes. None of them will be of the 2002 Open currently being shown on TV.

To make sure no particular skill level is preferred (this being such a politically correct tournament and all) I will award them for both good and, shall we say, "questionable" performances.

Rules:

1. There will be no eligibility during the first round, since there will be enough "settling in" to do at the beginning.
2. Some prizes will be available during even-numbered rounds, others during odd-numbered rounds (see below). This will help spread out the prizes across the length of the tournament.
3. Everyone is bound by the well known "CCB Honor System." You know the one - "NEVER LIE (Unless Assured Of Not Getting Caught)". If you say you met the criteria to win a prize, you win. Any CCB Claimant's word is final!
4. First winner gets first choice of tape, second winner- second choice, and so on.
5. Limit of 1 tape per player.

OK, so here are the categories. One Accustat tape will be given to each player as described below.

First player who accomplishes the following during the even-numbered rounds (2, 4, 6, ...):

1. Smack-em Award: First 9-ball on the break.
2. Sandbag Your Partner Award: First scratch while shooting at the 9-ball.
3. Thinks He or She's a Hot Shot Award: First break and run (No early 9-balls.)

Awards for odd-numbered rounds (3, 5, 7, ...)

4. Why Do I Play This Game Award? (also know as the "We've All Been There Award"): First player to miss 1st shot with ball in hand (when not attempting a safety)
5. Truly Nice Shot Award: First player to combo the a 9 which is at least 1 foot from the pocket and the combo-ing ob is at least a foot from the 9.

And finally, the

6. Where Did I Get This Partner? Award: First player, coming to the table with a reasonable shot, to completely snooker his partner. (Forcing his/her partner to kick or jump. Use your judgement as you see fit on this.)

Don't worry - I will bring a printed copy of the this to post at the tournament. See ya'll then! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rich R.
09-01-2003, 10:46 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very nice Ross.

You can put my name on #6.
Since I have a habit of snookering myself, all the time, I'm sure I will do it to a partner, somewhere along the line. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ross
09-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Rich, when you are my partner you can snooker me. Since I also snooker myself regularly, I have been developing a hell of a kicking game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Eric.
09-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Sounds good, Ross. As a suggestion, I have a couple of more to add to the list(these seem to suit me):

-award for miscueing on the break

-prize for racking the 9 in the wrong spot(unintentionally)

-making a tough shot, getting perfect position and missing the easy shot

and of course,

-trophy for taking a tough shot, playin safe, and turning it into an easy shot for the other team
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric >!@#$

Ross
09-01-2003, 11:02 AM
I just realized that for the break and run category both partners deserve a prize, so I guess that means I have to part with a 7th tape. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OK, official rule: For the B & R category, two tapes will be awarded, one to each partner. The partner sinking the 9 gets first choice.

Ross
09-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but if I did that Eric, I would win all the prizes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Ross,
Wonderful addition... thanks for putting this together..

Looking forward to wining the "missed with BIH" award.

Ross
09-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Actually, Eric you do deserve your own award for a truly unbelievable performance. That would be the award for:

Facing FL's Cuestick Karate Stance (patent pending) While Keeping a Straight Face Award !

*apologies to FL fans

Rich R.
09-01-2003, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Rich, when you are my partner you can snooker me. Since I also snooker myself regularly, I have been developing a hell of a kicking game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Ross, I tried to snooker you last year, but I was unsuccessful.

Oh, I remember now. We did not play partners, last year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric.
09-01-2003, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Actually, Eric you do deserve your own award for a truly unbelievable performance. That would be the award for:

Facing FL's Cuestick Karate Stance (patent pending) While Keeping a Straight Face Award !

*apologies to FL fans <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure I wasn't laughing? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

Karatemom
09-01-2003, 01:11 PM
I've got dibs on that #6 award. Just ask Chris. I'm famous for snookering my partner! LOL.

And I'd bet that Spike gets #5. He plays combos like you wouldn't believe!

Heide

Kato
09-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Not many players have the ability to:

a) snooker themselves
b) snooker their partner
or
c) make every run out as unbelievably difficult as possible
as
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato