PDA

View Full Version : Gorina vs Simonis

sfabric
09-01-2003, 04:28 PM
I am thinking of changing my table from Simonis to Gorina cloth.I have been told it is more durable and cost less.Any help on this?

TommyT
09-01-2003, 08:29 PM
I've had both Gorina Basalt and Simonis 860. The 860 is a better cloth. It holds its speed and shows less wear. I'm really fussy. Basalt is a good cloth and less money than the Simonis you may not notice the difference.

TommyT

sfabric
09-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Tommy, thanks for your input. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NBC-BOB
09-02-2003, 12:52 PM
I don't know what the difference is between the two cloth's ,but put simonis 860 on my home table, because that's what all the rooms in my area use, and I want to practice on the same type of cloth that I'll be out playing on.Is the Gorina cloth very popular in your area?

sfabric
09-15-2003, 09:16 AM
Gorina is popular in the Chicago area and I did purchase cloth for our 9' table. I am very pleased with it and want to thank you for your response to my posting.

magicman
09-15-2003, 11:51 PM
It's simple, both play exactly the same, Gorina has little market share so in order to break in they are now selling for less. Buy on price, both are equal in quality and how they wear and age. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Road Pro
09-16-2003, 12:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sfabric:</font><hr> I am thinking of changing my table from Simonis to Gorina cloth.I have been told it is more durable and cost less.Any help on this? <hr /></blockquote>

I play on both of them all the time, It's hard to tell the difference, both are fine cloths. I do not think one if more durable than the other.

Chris in NC
09-16-2003, 12:26 PM
I've used them both in our poolroom here. They both play comparable, and the wear on both I would say is very similar. The Granito tends to play a little stranger when it is first installed on the table (balls skid more), but as it wears it plays fine. I would say Simonis keeps it's speed better as it wears.

If price is no consideration (Simonis costs about 50% more) I'd recommend sticking with the Simonis as we do here in our room. If you're looking to save a few bucks the Granito is a very good substitute. - Chris in NC

Qmaster
09-16-2003, 02:21 PM
I definitely prefer the Simonis. As far a durability. My Simonis last 4 ever, seems like. Good luck..

Aboo
09-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Whatever you do, don't use whatever crap the new owners are using in our pool hall here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's like playing on shag carpet. Especially considering the felt that was there before was so thin you could see through it /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif We went from one extreme to the other, and they both suck!