PDA

View Full Version : Instroke Case Lines

griffith_d
09-01-2003, 05:00 PM
I was looking into getting a Instroke case and noticed the new Geo line made of "recycled" leather.

Has anyone bought one of these and if so, was the quality of leather acceptable as compared to the other leather cases?

I was concerned about the durability of this recycled leather.

Griff

SPetty
09-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi griffith_d,

Do you happen to have a URL so we can see what you're talking about? TIA

rackmup
09-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Piece of cake (http://www.instroke.com/cgi-bin/catalogbrowser.pl?Catagory=CUE%20CASE&Brand=All&Mo del=GEO&Capacity=3X5&Color=All&Type=All&Render=Tru e) .

Regards,

Ken

pooltchr
09-02-2003, 06:52 AM
I just picked up two of them. (My wife plays pool too) Quality is everything you would expect in an Instroke case, and I'm sure there is a cow out there that appreciates the use of recycled leather. It's just as thick, no flaws that I can see, and the price is right.

SPetty
09-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Thanks, rackmup.

What on earth is "recycled" leather?

John, you out there?

pooltchr
09-02-2003, 08:08 AM
This is leather that may have been used for luggage or furniture or some other purpose that has been re cut for use on the cases. Believe me, you can't tell any difference in the cases, and the construction is pure Instroke. It's just that they don't pay as much for the leather, so the cost of the final product can be lower.

rackmup
09-02-2003, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>What on earth is "recycled" leather?<hr /></blockquote>
<ul type="square"> A cow that fell into the grinder twice? Cadaver skin donated by a 101 year old Floridian sun worshiper? New uses for Imelda Marcos' hand bags? [/list]

I guess I'm not too sure.

Regards,

Ken