PDA

View Full Version : $12,000 snooker table

SPetty
09-02-2003, 09:40 AM
I visited a local antique store this weekend. Found a twelve foot snooker table with a $12,000 price tag!

Wow, now that's a big table! I had never seen one before.

It has wire ball catching devices coming out of the bottom of the pockets that I had never seen before.

Kind of like this one:
http://www.cheshirebilliards.co.uk/images/newpic2.jpg

They also had a life-sized pool player mannequin that would be fun to have around.

Cueless Joey
09-02-2003, 09:56 AM
They have two of these at Hard Times.
They look like swimming pools.
Hard Times just refurbished their main one.
These monsters have two-inch slates!

Pizza Bob
09-02-2003, 11:09 AM
...and if you buy one, I'll come all the way from NJ to your next soiree. You're probably the only one, that I know of, on this board with room for one. Great game. Most times if you find one in this country they are co-opted for playing golf (like the ones at Hardtimes). Not to take anything away from that game, but snooker is just a cut above.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Rod
09-02-2003, 11:11 AM
SPetty,

I have played a lot of golf on them. They need to be a 12 footer (instead of 10') to keep it from being a run out game. Even at 12 feet run-outs happen.

Those are great old tables, wish I had one, or should I say room for one. LOL That's quite a lamp, never seen one that big. Everyone I've seen either had 4 bulbs or florescent lighting in the ceiling that I remember.

While I'm thinking of it, you may not be interested but since you play BCA you might know someone. Besides I didn't wan't to start a different thread.

BCA Patches (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3624902452&category=12 92&rd=1)

I think PPPH needs a 12 footer /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Barbara
09-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Pizza Bob,

There's a 12 foot snooker table in Frazer, PA at Rack M Up.

Barbara~~~saw Karen Corr and Julie Kelly have a match on it, too.

Doctor_D
09-02-2003, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I visited a local antique store this weekend. Found a twelve foot snooker table with a $12,000 price tag!

Wow, now that's a big table! I had never seen one before.

It has wire ball catching devices coming out of the bottom of the pockets that I had never seen before.

Kind of like this one:
http://www.cheshirebilliards.co.uk/images/newpic2.jpg

They also had a life-sized pool player mannequin that would be fun to have around. <hr /></blockquote>

Good afternoon:

The local Billiard Room I frequent for practice has one and. when I am in the mood for severe punishment, I will use it for practice with regular billiard balls.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pizza Bob
09-02-2003, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Pizza Bob,

There's a 12 foot snooker table in Frazer, PA at Rack M Up.

Barbara~~~saw Karen Corr and Julie Kelly have a match on it, too. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I knew that - played there during VF - although the snooker table was occupied. It not only takes a table, but an opponent....interested Barbara????

Adios,

Pizza Bob

stevelomako
09-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Find out the manufacturer and model, it might be worth alot more than that.

Qtec
09-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Looks to me like thats Ray Reardon playing.

When you see a pool table next to a snooker, its looks like a kiddy table. LOL

Qtec

pooljunkie73
09-02-2003, 01:07 PM
We got 12 snooker tables in our pool halls. It's a dying game in Canada.Still some great shooter's though.

If the table look's like the one in the picture, i would look into getting it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif You never see that kind of table anymore.Make sure the slates aren't cracked, they are expensive as hell.If you buy it have a moving company move the slates and insure them, they are about 4-500 lbs. each and there's 4 of them.

Kent Mc.

Qtec
09-02-2003, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they are about 4-500 lbs. each and there's 4 of them.
<hr /></blockquote>

Pretty sure there are 5 slates.

Q

griffith_d
09-03-2003, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> We got 12 snooker tables in our pool halls. It's a dying game in Canada.Still some great shooter's though.

If the table look's like the one in the picture, i would look into getting it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif You never see that kind of table anymore.Make sure the slates aren't cracked, they are expensive as hell.If you buy it have a moving company move the slates and insure them, they are about 4-500 lbs. each and there's 4 of them.

Kent Mc. <hr /></blockquote>

When I was living in Calgary there was one upstairs at Great White Billiards on Macleod Trail SE,..the table was too big for me.

I hardly ever saw anyone play on it.

Griff

RedHell
09-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, a snooker soiree in TX, that could be interesting...

Who's bringing the pie ???

SPetty
09-03-2003, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> ...and if you buy one, I'll come all the way from NJ to your next soiree. You're probably the only one, that I know of, on this board with room for one. <hr /></blockquote>hahaha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, as enticing as that offer is, it's just not quite a good enough reason for me to buy it! (Well, that and the fact that I don't have $12K lying around...) Also, to make room for it I'd have to get rid of a pool table or two, /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif and I'm just not ready to do that yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif hahaha

Pizza Bob
09-03-2003, 01:09 PM
SPetty;

Heck, I just thought you'd build an addition....That's the Texas way, isn't it????

Actually if someone is really interested in one, you can pick-up 12 footers relatively cheap (under $2000), if you're willing to travel to Canada to get them.

Watch out for RedHell - beat me two outta three at snooker - innocently pulls off a 24 point break in the 2nd game, while telling me he never plays this game...ha! ha!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

RedHell
09-03-2003, 01:20 PM
I never said I never played it, /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif I said I never play it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And it was a good thing I missed that easy black on that 24 points break, I had an easy duck in the center with the blue lined up in mind. I was already counting my eggs to 37, probably my mistake... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif