PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

9bkit
09-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Here in the province of Quebec, the top 16 pro players will not play in tournaments that don't have at least 5 000$ added to the purses. If they do, they risk to have sanctions given to them (being bared from the next tournament(s), have a fine, who knows what else).

What do you think about that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My feeling in two words: That sucks.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9bkit:</font><hr> Here in the province of Quebec, the top 16 pro players

<font color="red">snooker or pool? </font color>

will not play in tournaments that don't have at least 5 000$ added to the purses. If they do, they risk to have sanctions given to them (being bared from the next tournament(s), have a fine, who knows what else).

<font color="red">who decides that? </font color>

What do you think about that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My feeling in two words: That sucks.

<hr /></blockquote>

9bkit
09-02-2003, 11:55 AM
The association of pool players here in Quebec decided that.

Jimmy B
09-03-2003, 03:30 AM
add more money, or hand out those glasses wit the fake noses &amp; the mustaches. JB

RedHell
09-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Actually this has nothing to do with it...

I know 9bkit, and it was after a discussion we had about the Pechaur tour that he told me about this rule the pro players have here.

I already started the discussion about playing in an event, if it would help my game, if it was worth the money...

My point is, if I pay to get in and ended playing a strong A or a semi-pro because of that rule, I don't think I'll get in. (No offense Thierry)...

The thing is, I guess I can understand why they (the players) would vote a rules like this. By doing so they probably expect the promoters to raise more money. But the reality is that in Quebec there isn't any tour with that kind of money. Dang, that Pechaur tour is the first decent attempt at setting one up that I know of.

So do you think this will convince promoters to make more tours or will it just bring the whole thing down and we won't see another tour like the Pechaur ?