PDA

View Full Version : Saw Earl's BcTV Match Foul Deal

Sid_Vicious
09-02-2003, 01:03 PM
I was able to watch that match where the judge was called to see the hit, and I expected lots more of a scene from Earl that I actually saw. Heck, compared to other of Earl's uprises, I thought he was rather tame on this one. As far as the call being right or wrong, I'd say it depends very much on what words were spoken between the ref and Cory just before the stroke. It seemed like I might have read lips enough to hear Cory saying the words "shooting through." If so, then there was indeed a declaration of a frozen state between the two balls. Thing is, there never was much customary viewing of the 2 balls,,,the shadowing of a hand looking for a sliver of seperation. I'm unclear just what happened, but the ref called it, and that should have been it, case closed...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 01:10 PM
In that same match, did you happen to see Earl's cue ball change direction due to an apparent Sardo divot?

Cueless Joey
09-02-2003, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> In that same match, did you happen to see Earl's cue ball change direction due to an apparent Sardo divot? <hr /></blockquote>
If it did, how did Earl react?
He endorses, or he did, the Sourdough contraption.

Sid_Vicious
09-02-2003, 01:53 PM
No, I missed that...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2003, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>

If it did, how did Earl react?
He endorses, or he did, the Sourdough contraption. <hr /></blockquote>

His eyes got really big in disbelief. Then of course he looked to the crowd for sympathy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm not sure if it was a Sardo divot or an unlevel table but the ball took a sharp right turn and hooked him behind another ball. I'll watch it again tonight if I have a chance..

Sid_Vicious
09-02-2003, 02:35 PM
How far along in the match was it???sid