PDA

View Full Version : Broken slate

torial
09-02-2003, 08:35 PM
I purchased a World Leisure table Winchester model, recently moved and had it reassembled. The installer cracked the slate and chipped one other slate. Can you repair this type of damage. I was told by the man from whom I purchased it that you need an entire new slate tri - cut again. This company who assembled the table is claiming they can just repair it or just match a single piece. I would like to know someone's professional opinion pn this matter.

Ken
09-02-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm no professional but I will tell you that almost anything can be repaired. Whoever broke your slate owes you far more than a repair which will leave you with broken and chipped slate that might play reasonably well. Your table will still be broken since it cannot be made whole again.

I don't think anyone can replace one piece of slate without having the other two pieces in order to match them. I doubt that anyone would be willing to try to match your other pieces since it's probably much cheaper to just buy another set.

I think they're trying to con you into accepting an inferior settlement. They cannot put your table back to the condition it was in before they broke it with what they are offering you.

You may have to consider small claims court and try to find out if they are insured. The main reason to hire those people is to avoid cracked and broken slate. They are clearly inept and should give you new slate. It's not that expensive.

If you want it done right, do it yourself.
KenCT