PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm dumb, but...

04-09-2002, 12:35 AM
I cannot figure out how to make news servers work so I can get on rec.sports.billiards. Been an enigma for years. HELP!

Rod
04-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Don't feel bad, I never really knew either untill recently. I use outlook express, under tools, then click newsgroups.
It brings up countless numbers. At the top, type in the newsgroup or use the alphabetical listing until you find the group, then check subscribe. I'd think netscape or others are similar.

Fred Agnir
04-09-2002, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: St. Paul Gale:</font><hr> I cannot figure out how to make news servers work so I can get on rec.sports.billiards. Been an enigma for years. HELP! <hr></blockquote>

When you do figure out how to use a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent, just remember that it's rec.sport.billiard, not rec.sports.billiards.

Also, for those who have their news readers set, just copy and paste the following into the address field:

news:rec.sport.billiard

Fred

SPetty
04-09-2002, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: St. Paul Gale:</font><hr> I cannot figure out how to make news servers work so I can get on rec.sports.billiards. Been an enigma for years. HELP! <hr></blockquote>

You can always try google groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=rec.sport.billiard&amp;hl=en

It's more difficult to post from google, but you can read the threads and do searches from google (formerly deja news)...