PDA

View Full Version : Strange

Qtec
09-03-2003, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Private Lynch signs $1m book deal

Private Lynch is said to remember little of her ordeal
The American soldier Jessica Lynch, who was rescued by US special forces after being taken prisoner in Iraq, has signed a $1m book deal with publisher Alfred A Knopf.
I Am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story will be co-written by former New York Times reporter Rick Bragg and detail her journey from rural West Virginia to becoming a national hero.

"Many folks have written, expressing their support for me and for the thousands of other soldiers who serve their country," Lynch said in a statement issued by the publishers.

"I feel I owe them all this story, which will be about more than a girl going off to war and fighting alongside her fellow soldiers. It will be a story about growing up in America."

The book will have an initial print run of 500,000 and is due to be published in November.

Private Lynch, 20, was captured along with six other soldiers when her convoy was ambushed by Iraqi troops near the city of Nasiriya in March.

Controversial footage of her subsequent rescue turned her into a national hero and the incident became a vital morale boost for the American people and US troops in the midst of the Iraq conflict.

Private Lynch was subsequently awarded the Bronze Star for meritorious combat service, a Prisoner of War medal and the Purple Heart medal, which is usually awarded to those wounded in combat.

Ambush inconsistencies

Following her return to the US every major news outlet and publisher was vying for her exclusive story - despite the fact that she is said to remember little about her capture.
Initial reports that she had been shot and stabbed as she fought fiercely against her attackers later turned out to be untrue.

<hr /></blockquote>

A book about something she cant remember?

Q

Rich R.
09-03-2003, 03:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
A book about something she cant remember?<hr /></blockquote>
"Never let the truth, get in the way of a good story." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2003, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

A book about something she cant remember?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Well....Hillary wrote one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
09-03-2003, 06:26 AM
This story might be a lot like Hillary's book. There will be violence, obvious lying, and I am sure somewhere rape will be brought up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Aboo
09-05-2003, 04:30 PM
In other words, it will be a best seller...