PDA

View Full Version : "Cue Up With WPBA Pros"

SPetty
09-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Howdy,

While going through some old magazines last night, I rediscovered a bookmarked article about a video produced by the WPBA, called "Cue Up With WPBA Pros".

Has anyone seen it? Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that video?

The article mentions "Almost as a bonus you get to hear the top pros talking - some with the foreign accent of Austria, England, Sweden and New York." hahaha

The "foreign accent of ... New York"! hahaha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyone have a copy of that video they'd like to sell?

I found it one place on-line - at Action Billiards (http://www.actionbilliards.com/instruction.html) . Anyone have any experience ordering from them?

Thanks!

Barbara
09-03-2003, 03:53 PM
SPetty,

IIRC, they shot a video of some WPBA Pros giving advice - how to do some shots, etc. I never purchased it. I also never heard anything terribly bad about it.

Maybe Fran can shed some light.

Barbara

Steve Lipsky
09-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Susan,

You do not want to see this video. Pool Hall Junkies gives it the 4-ball.

You have to understand that this thing was produced before a lot of these girls became semi-famous. They mostly appear a bit awkward.

One former pro has a stance that rivals Ricky Schroeder's. You have to see where she puts her head to shoot. I have never seen anything like it. It is conceivable that her forehead and her cue are in different zip codes.

- Steve

Rod
09-03-2003, 04:01 PM
OH, you mean the one with the foreign, New York accent. LOL

~~~ rod, didn't know Fran had a foreign accent, or a New yawk accent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve Lipsky
09-03-2003, 04:03 PM
I think the real New York accent on the tape comes from Nesli O'Hare.

- Steve

Fran Crimi
09-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Barbara, all I know is that it existed. I'm not involved in it and I haven't seen it.

Fran

Sid_Vicious
09-04-2003, 07:30 AM
I thought for sure that you were going to talk about the two day benefit tournament in Dallas, with A. Fisher invites to play her for a donation to the charity. I believe it's coming this weekend. You going???sid

Doctor_D
09-04-2003, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Howdy,

While going through some old magazines last night, I rediscovered a bookmarked article about a video produced by the WPBA, called "Cue Up With WPBA Pros".

Has anyone seen it? Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that video?

The article mentions "Almost as a bonus you get to hear the top pros talking - some with the foreign accent of Austria, England, Sweden and New York." hahaha

The "foreign accent of ... New York"! hahaha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyone have a copy of that video they'd like to sell?

I found it one place on-line - at Action Billiards (http://www.actionbilliards.com/instruction.html) . Anyone have any experience ordering from them?

Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

You can try and contact the offices of the WPBA directly. If they have them, that is where you will find it.

Dr.D.

SPetty
09-04-2003, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I thought for sure that you were going to talk about the two day benefit tournament in Dallas, with A. Fisher invites to play her for a donation to the charity. I believe it's coming this weekend. <hr /></blockquote>I mentioned it elsewhere, but it's worth mentioning again:

www.genesistournament.com (http://www.genesistournament.com)

If anyone's in the neighborhood, it's a good cause and a lot of fun.