PDA

View Full Version : NEED Balabushka INFO

GJC
09-04-2003, 09:37 AM
I have had a pool cue since the late 60s that I was told
back then was a Balabushka. I haven't played (like I used to)or used this cue in over 30yrs. I would really like to authenticate this cue, I contacted a few people off the internet and they all want me to ship it to them, I really don't want to do that. If anyone could possibly get me in contact with someone who could help, that is near me, I would appreciate the help.
I live in Northern New Jersey near the New York State line, not far from SE Pennsylvania either. Thank's GJC

Barbara
09-04-2003, 09:51 AM
There are several people in your area that can positively ID the cue. Two that come to mind are Mark Kulungian and Barry Szamboti. Mark has a pool room just north of Hartford, CT. He has an extensive collection of Bushkas. Barry lives just north of Philadelphia.

You can contact Mark via his website at www.classiccues.com. (http://www.classiccues.com.) Click on the "contact Mark" button in the upper left corner. If you don't get a hold of him. pm me and I'll talk to Barry for you.

And your right not to ship it to someone. That's too risky.

Barbara

beerwolf
09-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Contact Joe Vanburen. He is in northern NJ and works with Mark Kulungian at the Classiccues website. He specializes in cues (as far as I know):

joevan@classiccues.com
or classiccues@aol.com

Possibly within 50 miles of your location.

BW

Jimmy B
09-05-2003, 03:02 AM
Do you have any pictures scanned or on the web that you can show, I can't give a possitive ID but I may be able to help a bit more with some more info and a picture. JB

Fred Agnir
09-05-2003, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote beerwolf:</font><hr> Contact Joe Vanburen. <hr /></blockquote> Joe Van Buren doesn't know doodoo.

Fred &lt;~~~ okay, maybe he does

hemicudas
09-07-2003, 04:07 AM
How can this hurt? Do a Yahoo search. Enter, Joe Salazar pool cues. What you will get is 51 pages of info on the foremost authority of classic cue values in the world. Don't send him (OR ANYONE) your cue. Find the next tournament he will be at and take the cue to him for evaluation. You wont be sorry.....$Bill

P.S. Don't trust me. Trust Joss West master cue maker Bill Stroud. Joe is the person he trusts to evaluate classic old cues.

beerwolf
09-07-2003, 06:05 AM
Well I don't know doodoo either but I do know Fred. He would be glad to stop over on his way to the Open and tell you all about your cue.
BW~~knows Fred knows doodoo

GJC
09-07-2003, 07:01 AM
I met with Joe Van Buren,and we had quite a discussion.
When all the good ole day talk was over, Joe gave me all
the information on my cue, It has a few flaws but it is
a Bushka. It sure seemed to me that Joe knows his doo-doo!!
I want to Thank the Forum for all your Help &gt; GJC

Rich R.
09-07-2003, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GJC:</font><hr> It has a few flaws but it is
a Bushka. <hr /></blockquote>
Good for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NBC-BOB
09-09-2003, 01:04 PM
The only person I know that might be able to help you out is the owner of pool time in midland park nj.I believe he has a very extensive cue collection and a lot of balabushka's.

Fred Agnir
09-09-2003, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GJC:</font><hr> I met with Joe Van Buren,and we had quite a discussion.
When all the good ole day talk was over, Joe gave me all
the information on my cue, It has a few flaws but it is
a Bushka. It sure seemed to me that Joe knows his doo-doo!!
I want to Thank the Forum for all your Help &gt; GJC <hr /></blockquote>Does that mean you're not going to post pictures?

Fred

joevan
09-10-2003, 10:24 AM
It was great meeting George. It was fun to learn George played the room I ended up working in 8 years after he stopped playing. We knew alot of the same people, had some good stories and it was great to see his old cue. This room was called Rizzuto's and is now "Pool Time" in Midland Park NJ.

Fred Agnir
09-10-2003, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote joevan:</font><hr> It was great meeting George... it was great to see his old cue. <hr /></blockquote>

Is it on the site yet? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fred