PDA

View Full Version : Any CCB'ers attending the Midwest Billiard Expo?

rukiddingme
09-04-2003, 07:51 PM
in Chicago Oct 15th to 19th? I plan to attend Friday thru Sunday.
ruk

Karatemom
09-04-2003, 08:09 PM
I have heard that they're booked up already, but I don't know how true that is. I would love to go see it though. The Midwest 9 Ball Championship is in town this weekend. Men's race to 9, 9 ball, and women's race to 4, 8 ball. Chris and I are both entered. Hopefully, between the two of us, we'll come home with something. It's a nice warm up for the Open.

Are you attending the Expo?

Heide

Sally
09-04-2003, 09:37 PM
I will be there, working of course, but it sounds like such a fun event, and Eydie Romano is the coolest lady. Plus the Pheasant Run Resort has an indoor replica of New Orleans' Bourbon Street ...

cycopath
09-04-2003, 10:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sally:</font><hr>Plus the Pheasant Run Resort has an indoor replica of New Orleans' Bourbon Street ... <hr /></blockquote>
Cycopath wonders if they've duplicated the stench?

Sally
09-04-2003, 11:14 PM
It is pretty nasty at times, isn't it? When we were there last year in July, it was almost unbearable. I can't imagine being there for Mardi Gras!

Jimmy B
09-05-2003, 02:57 AM
I'll be there and hope to play in an ASP/RSB event that I hope will be held on Sunday, if there are any other people who lurk or post to that group go put a vote in for Sunday. JB

ted harris
09-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Booth #217. Also will be playing in both the 8-ball &amp; 9-ball.

BLACKHEART
09-06-2003, 08:35 AM
My wife Connie &amp; I will be there, sometime over that weekend. Just look for 2 people with "BLACK HEART" shirts or jackets...JER

Fasteddy7
09-06-2003, 05:09 PM
I don't know if it full yet or not but you can sign up on-line. I will be there wed - sun
www.midwestopen.com (http://www.midwestopen.com)

Bob
09-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Hi All!

The Open 8 Ball tournament is almost full. Please note that when you all register on line, you need to send you entry fee in. Just registering on line holds your spot for a week then if we don't receive payment, it voids your registration. NOW, it is at the point of first come basis. Who ever comes in with their money first gets the spot.

So... if you want to play in the 8 Ball open get your entry in today. There is still room in the 9 ball open and the woman's 9 and 8 ball tournaments. I do think that we will get a big woman's event, there are about 50 entries so far.

I had the pleasure of meeting Heide and Chris this past weekend. Bob has known Chris for many many yeras, and it really was great to see him. I hope that they will be able to make it to the expo/open. (Heide, please give me a call)

Ok, the expo has a ton of quality vendors. If you are looking for a cue stick, this is the place to come!

All the beer and liquor companies are going all out. Loads of free samples and plenty of give aways.

PLease make an effort to come and introduce yourself at the expo. I would love to meet all of you.

BTW, Bourbon Street is awesome!. No smells! It will be party central. I have kareoke (sp) on Friday night and a jazz band on Saturday night in Lilly's bar.This is FREE to all my group. Zanies,($18.00 pp) the comedy club is bringing in Mr. Lucky. He is really funny and is getting ready for the pool players.

Thanks for all the kind words, we appreciate them.

See you soon!

Eydie Romano