PDA

View Full Version : What Happened??

Barbara
09-05-2003, 11:44 AM
This is totally weird. I login and go to the NPR board. All the new posts and ones I haven't read come up orange.

I go to the PR board and all the posts are yellow - even the new ones. I click on one to read it and below the post where it shows the thread the new and unread posts are orange again.

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just having "one of those days"?

Barbara

Rich R.
09-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Barbara, that has been happening to me, off and on, for a while now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Barbara
09-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Really?!

This is the first time it's happened to me.

Barbara

SPetty
09-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Happens to me every now and again as well.

Barbara
09-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Now it's back to normal.

I did have a pm from admin2 about deleteing a post of mine. The admin's name shows up in red in my list of pms. I deleted it, went back to the PR board, but no luck. Then I logged out, logged back in, and voila! It's back to normal.

I've seen some freaky things happen with color on the workstations I use at work, and I suspect this is another similarity.

So if you've got any old pms from the admin with their name showing up in color, delete them, log out, then log back in and see if that works.

Barbara

Rod
09-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Barbara,

You got to lay off that purple osley, man that stuff is old. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On another note, have you repaired IE lately? I do that once in a great while for unusual problems.

Rod

SPetty
09-05-2003, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I did have a pm from admin2 about deleting a post of mine. <hr /></blockquote>What the hell did you do to raise the ire of Admin2? Why the sudden Admin2 zeal to delete everything? What is this CCB coming to?

Really, which one of these nasty things did you do?
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BD Board Rules:</font><hr>By using the Cue Chalk Board you agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.<hr /></blockquote>Also, with the recent rampage of Admin2 deleting random posts but leaving in the nasty ones, have they violated their own rule?<blockquote><font class="small">Quote more BD Board rules:</font><hr>You acknowledge that Billiards Digest and its affiliates do not control the information available on the Cue Chalk Board and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on this bulletin board are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. This includes but is not limited to BD writers or staff who may post from time to time.<hr /></blockquote>Sure seems that Admin2 is certainly attempting to "control the information", eh?

Uh oh, maybe it's time for me to get censored...

Barbara
09-05-2003, 07:10 PM
SPetty,

I blatantly put in a plug for Pechauer Cues to a post. I, as you all know, am a Regional Tour Coordinator for the WBPA. I get paid nothing for this position. I only collect regional tour dues ($30 per member) and have to pay at least $200 in sanctioning fees to the WPBA per year to keep the title.

I'm in the red for about $2000 for this year. I would love to take on a partner to help me out, but I can't explain to my would-be partner that YOU WILL LOSE MONEY running this tour because all your advertising will be banned from the magazines you strive to be published in, because they don't do it for free!

I write my own articles and always give kudos to my sponsors and the room owners. And my articles are always rewritten for content and I've never seen my sponsors or room owners ever given any mention because it isn't in the magazine's interest to do so.

Inside Pool does publish my article word for word.

And AZBilliard has got me down... Last time, I wanted to ask Mike if I could copy his take on my event for the news! He's damn good on picking up on copy!

Barbara

SPetty
09-05-2003, 08:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I blatantly put in a plug for Pechaeur Cues to a post. <hr /></blockquote>Well, I'd like to say that I think Pechaeur Cues is doing a great job in supporting NEWT, and by the way, I hear that Pechaeur Cues makes great cues.

If I were considering buying a cue in the near future, I'd definitely consider a Pechaeur Cue. Pechaeur Cues does only good things for this great sport of ours, and Pechaeur Cues should be commended for their support of NEWT and other tours, as well as supporting individual players. I like to support folks (like Pechaeur Cues) who support us.

Pechaeur Cues rocks!

SPetty~~~pushing some buttons? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rich R.
09-06-2003, 05:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Well, I'd like to say that I think Pechaeur Cues is doing a great job in supporting NEWT, and by the way, I hear that Pechaeur Cues makes great cues.<hr /></blockquote>
IIRC, Pechaeur also supports several other tours around the country.
I can verify that Pechaeur Cues makes a good product. I won a Pechaeur cue, at a C.A.T. tournament. Pechaeur was one of their sponsors at the time. The cue is first rate and has a very nice hit. I don't think any one would be sorry for purchasing a Pechaeur cue.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kato
09-06-2003, 06:18 AM
Doesn't Pechaeur sponsor Tommy Kennedy's tour as well? I know that when I look at the posters on the wall at the pool room the Pechaeur cue lineup always catches my eye. Someday in the future I'll buy a Pechaeur. I think they are pretty.

Kato

SPetty
09-06-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> IIRC, Pechaeur also supports several other tours around the country. <hr /></blockquote>which is why I used these words...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty's original post:</font><hr>...Pechaeur Cues should be commended for their support of NEWT and other tours...<hr /></blockquote> Just continuing the fight to bring the Pechaeur name to the forefront...

Rich R.
09-06-2003, 07:12 AM
Sorry SPetty, I missed the words, "and other tours", in reading your post about the Pechauer cues.
However, I didn't miss the point that Pechauer cues should be commended on their support of regional tours. Pechauer is truly giving something back to the pool community by supporting these tours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We need more companies like Pechauer.

CarolNYC
09-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Hey Rich,
I forgot to tell you, I too, won a Pechauer cue at the NJ State Championship-it is very nice-and of course, it now belongs to you know who!ha ha ha ha-But, yep, VERY NICE!
carol:):):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
09-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Good for you Carol.
Too bad the Pechauer is no longer yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know how that is, my Pechauer is NOT in my cue case either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
09-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Yes Rich,
Its been confiscated-along with the Viking,Joss,Falcon w/predator shaft-ha ha ha ha-imagine, I have to ask my daughter permission to try the cue,ha ha ha ha-its all good,she takes very good care of them!
Miss ya,
Carol:):):)

Rich R.
09-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Carol, you may not have created a pool player, but you, most certainly, created a pool cue collector. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-07-2003, 08:33 AM
My girlfriend plays with a Pechauer cue. It is extremely well made and plays like a dream.

Kudos to Pechauer Cues for their sponsorship of the tours. Next time some newbie comes here wanting to know what kind of cue to buy I'm going to recommend a Pechauer Cue.

Wally~~thinks admin2 may not be aware of the CCB karma