PDA

View Full Version : Pool Rooms in Brussels, Belgium?

rukiddingme
09-06-2003, 10:11 AM
I'm going to be in Belgium in October and will be staying near Waterloo just outside of Brussels. Any good pool rooms around with pool tables as well as 3 cushion tables?
ruk

Leviathan
09-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Possible source of info:

rene.moerman@poolbilliard-belgium.be .

I believe that M. Moerman is National Secretary of the Belgian Pool Billiard Federation.

Popcorn
09-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Although there are no pool tables, just billiard, but you should visit Mr. 100 owned by Raymond Ceulemans. I think it is in Mechelem. He is often there, they make a great ice cream soda, he made me one personaly on the house. By the way, If you have never been in Belgium, be sure to check out the public rest rooms, they are really different. And of course be like a native and pee in the street at least once.

rukiddingme
09-06-2003, 01:45 PM
I don't recall asking for specifics about restrooms in Belgium...just pool rooms /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I've been to Belgium many times and have had no need to pee in the street even though I have on many occasions had too many wonderful Belgian brews. Budweisers however have caused me to pee on the streets of Chicago...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
ruk

rukiddingme
09-06-2003, 01:49 PM
I will check out Mr. Ceuleman's billiard room. Unfortunately I do not play 3c billiards. I have much to learn before I would even consider playing 3c... especially in Raymond's room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
09-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I was being serious, the first time I saw it I was shocked. A guy was talking to a woman and he turned his back to her and peed in the gutter, at the same time continuing to talk over his shoulder to her. I was serious about the bathrooms also with the female attendants, I find the different cultures interesting. As far as pool, there is not all that much pool there. If you go to Holland or Germany you can play as much as you want, they match up and bet pretty good.