PDA

View Full Version : Pro Billiards owner killed

jjinfla
04-09-2002, 07:44 AM
The owner of Pro Billiards in Orlando was found dead in her pool room yesterday morning. Charlie Williams has complete info on AZB. I suspect it may have been someone who wanted the receipts from Sunday night and she may have recognized the person so he killed her. She was only 57. Don't know if the killer got anything but if you see someone who all of a sudden has money, notify the police. Jake

Retardo
04-09-2002, 09:15 AM
I dont see a thing at AZB about it but then again I am Retardo!

Rich R.
04-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Charlie Williams posted the information in the AZB Forum section. It is their message board. Rich R.

Voodoo Daddy
04-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Its a sad day when anyone dies, but a senseless slaying of a person makes me want to puke. My heart goes out to Angie and Kevin for their loss. Any who can draw their ball in Florida has been to Pro Billiards...now its time pay their respects.I urge anyone with the love of life and our game to say a prayer for the family left to deal with this tragedy.

Steve Ferraro
{aka} Big Steve

cuechick
04-09-2002, 07:00 PM
I have copied Charlie's post, my heart goes out to the family-victums of such a senseless act:

I regretfully inform to the public that "Corky" Godfrey, mother of Kevin Godfrey ownerof Pro Billiards of Orlando, was murdered yesterday before the poolroom opened .
She was a very kind hearted lady and everyone affectionately referred to her as "Mom". She was always smiling and happy and it is an extreme tragedy that anyone could do this to such a lovely soul.
She raised Kevin by herself and they were very close.
If you knew Corky or Kevin, please call him to wish him well. He has been very brave through all of this but we all need to support him.
Pro Billiards will open up again in a few days and will try to operate as usual but it will sorley miss the Lady who opened it up everyday with a smile.

Charlie Williams

PQQLK9
04-09-2002, 07:41 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-locpoolhall09040902apr09.story

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-pool04083002.story

Barbara
04-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Jake,

That's a very sad thing to hear. May you be comforted to have known such a person in your lifetime and may she rest in peace.

Barbara /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Ralph S.
04-10-2002, 05:25 PM
My deepest sympathy to the Godfrey family on their loss of a loved one. May justice be served when the guilty is-are caught.
Ralph S.

rackmup
04-10-2002, 08:46 PM
Losing a loved one is never easy. The circumstances surrounding this woman's death make it even harder to stomach. The suspect(s) will be caught and they will pay. They almost always do.

That being said, it is important to believe that no matter how we depart this earth, it is a part of his master plan. That may be hard to believe or understand but do know this:

She is in a better place, where the pool tables are covered in silky Simonis 860, no Sardo racks exist and the wooden racks do it right each and every time, soft breaks are not allowed and the one ball always goes into the side and you always have shape on the two. There are no fights, the table time is free, everyone is cordial, those that gamble and lose, pay their debts and finally, the woman behind the counter, hands you a tray of brand new Aramith balls and Masters blue chalk.

She moves gracefully as she performs her daily tasks, with a smile on her face, a soft song on her lips and lifted by the soft flutter of her newly fitted angels wings.

Lord, bless her and take good care of her. Keep your hands on the shoulders of her family and ensure them that she is doing just fine. Keep watch over all of us and allow us to stumble through this life while "doing right" in your service (most of the time) and thanks for forgiving us when we "slip up" on occasion. Bless my friends and family and their friends and loved ones. Bless all of my fellow CCB'ers. I am grateful to them for the odd friendship we all share. It is in your name that I pray.

Amen.

Regards and prayers,

Ken (my apology is extended if this post was offensive to those with different beliefs)

Ralph S.
04-11-2002, 02:40 AM
Ken, I must say that you are very talented as a writer, I am not sure of your actual profession but wanted to compliment you. And yes, I too hope there is pool in heaven.
Ralph S.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2002, 07:55 AM
Ken,
Thank you for your very touching, beautiful post and blessing. My deepest sympathy, and prayers go out to the family, and I will pray the perpetrator(s) will be caught, and punished.
Gayle in Md.

04-11-2002, 11:09 AM
It's times like this when I think lynchings aren't such a bad thing afterall.

My deepest sympathies to Kevin and his family.

Fran