PDA

View Full Version : Final word on the jump cue ...

Snyder1
09-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks to Sid & everybody else who helped me make the decision to buy a jump cue (if you recall, I was the guy who was TOTALLY frustrated & could NOT get the ball off the table with a standard cue & didn't want to shell out a measly $50 to try a jumper). Well, I got a Lucasi jumper & was immediately impressed with its construction ... very well made cue by any standard. I cannot say with enough emphasis how much easier it is to jump balls with a dedicated jump cue that a standard cue. My very first attempt was successful & after an hour or so, was jumping with reasonable shape every time - its a piece of cake. Now its time to learn shape & true control the CB, but that will be fun, not work. Thanks again all ... this is fun stuff -

John (PS - just curious if there's any technique to prevent or minimize the little scuff marks on the cloth that seem inevitable whenjumping ? I don't mind them on my table, but I'm sure my Dad will frown bigtime on me dinging his new Brunswick table cloth ... he's old school & already threatened to post a big sign saying no jump shots allowed - LOL !!! Thx.)

Snyder1
09-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Just wanted to bump this post ... any technique to minimize the chalk marks & occasional light dings, or is this just part of jumping ? THx

John

Rod
09-08-2003, 12:20 PM
It comes with the territory. If you have a small peice of pool cloth it can be used during practice shots. The problem is it won't react as well as a single layer.

Rod