PDA

View Full Version : NYCcarol

nAz
09-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Did you see the Bike Indian Larry made on the dicovery channel monster bike build off? very classy chopper.
I'd love to see his shop Gasoline alley.

Jimmy B
09-08-2003, 03:02 AM
What's the tattoo on his neck say?
I thought it says "I'm crazy and ride standing on my seat" But I could be wrong. JB

CarolNYC
09-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Hey Naz,
No, I missed it!Choppers are cool looking,but not for NY roads,ya know what I mean?ha ha ah-Jim just picked up the literature for the 2004 Harleys-You gotta see the VRSCB-V-Rod-Black frame,silver and black powertrain,aluminum color,115 hp,it looks like a rocket on wheels-very futuristic:)But I still like the Dyna-lowrider!:)Just the other night , we were headed toward the Holland tunnel, this bike whitelines it, doing about 50 ,and Jim goes into the other lane, the guy clipped off my sideview mirror-if we woulda moved,I'd say, 3 more inches,he would of definitely went down-thank God! There was no damage and the guy just kept going! Unbelievable!
Stay well, Naz-hey, if you find a picture of it,post it!
Talk to you soon!
Carol:)

eg8r
09-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Hey Naz,

I love those shows. Maybe one day I will get a chance to ride. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I did not like Indian Larry's first bike (the one where he put on the spokes on the wheels), but the one he built to beat Lane was awesome. He is a pretty stand up buy helping Lane get his bike running.

My favorite builder in those shows was Borgetts (my spelling is way off on his name). He runs the oil through the bottom of his frame. Very cool.

eg8r

CarolNYC
09-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey Naz,
I was just at my brothers and he happend to mention this "Indian Larry" and said he's from Brooklyn?Do you know him? And he made his bike a panhead/shovelhead,or something like that!I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next one-if you know when, please let me know!
Carol:):):)

Voodoo Daddy
09-08-2003, 12:25 PM
The Great Bike Build-Off...featuring 2 time winner Choppers Inc.'s own Billy Lane and "my" cousin Nick Fredella vs. 1 time winner from Gasoline Alley's Indian Larry. No doubt Larry's bike was the pick this time but ya gotta hand it to Billy...he builds some sick stuff!! www.choppersinc.com (http://www.choppersinc.com)

nAz
09-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Ya he has a bike shop out in WilliesBurgs/green point area.
I met him about four years ago through a friend at a block party, cool guy bought me a coors. I doubt that he would remember me but i'll never forget him what with all those Tats.

http://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID4837.jpg

nAz
09-08-2003, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> The Great Bike Build-Off...featuring 2 time winner Choppers Inc.'s own Billy Lane and "my" cousin Nick Fredella vs. 1 time winner from Gasoline Alley's Indian Larry. No doubt Larry's bike was the pick this time but ya gotta hand it to Billy...he builds some sick stuff!! <hr /></blockquote>

Dude thats your cousin? awesome, I hear that bike he built was Valued @ $65,0000 Maybe he will give you a discount on one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
09-08-2003, 02:13 PM
@ jimmy I Can't remember what it said but the Polar bear club one I like.

@ eg8r Ya that was brotherly of him to help out. did you like that paint job on the last Bike India Larry built?

@ carol heres a link to his pseudo website http://www.bikernet.com/bikebarn/gasolinealley.asp

and your right about choppers in NYC , those bikes are great for smooth opoen roads /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW what are you riding?

cueball1950
09-08-2003, 09:10 PM
The tattoo on his neck stated as follows..."in god we trust" that was the top line. the 2nd line was tattooed in reverse so he could read it in a mirror. it said "vengeance is mine say it the lord" i do not remember if there was another one. he explained them on tv....cool bike he built both times.....................................mike

CarolNYC
09-09-2003, 03:04 AM
Is this a picture of him? ha ah ah-I mentioned him to Jim-he met him once,also!:):):)

CarolNYC
09-09-2003, 03:12 AM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Carol:):)

CarolNYC
09-09-2003, 03:38 AM
OMG Naz,
I absolutely LOVE the look of that rigid-pan-I dont know,theres something about panheads!Yeah, its very rare you see any choppers on the road, there mostly for show now,but when one does come by, it definitely turns heads:):):)Jims knucklehead was similar to this-one day he'll have the time and put it together,hopefully!It doesnt matter when-I dont think Harleys will ever deppreciate!:)What am I riding?ha ha ha ha-NOTHING!The last bike I rode was a 2000 Dyna Wide Glide between the years 2000-2001-then I had that neck thing going on and had the plate put in my neck, so now Im scared!:(Jim traded that bike for the 2003 Dyna Wide Glide and has these massive ape-hangers on them-(I think he did it on purpose,ha ha ha ha)-I've never even ridden on the back of it!Oh, at a party, I did take a friends Nightrain for a ride-I dont like the racing bars,though!One day I'll get the courage back-when I buy the Dyna-Lowrider!
You stay well Naz, thanks for the info and thanks for asking!
Carol~remembering the good ole days!:):):):)

Eric.
09-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Carol,

I met Indian Larry on the road to Am-Jam in '86. He just put his chopped Chief on the road and blew the front cylinder gasket. My buddie and I stopped, helped him out and the 4 of us were back on the road. He's definately the real deal vs. the modern day "Discovery channel bikers" you see everywhere.

Larry also does alot of work for the 3rd st. guys.

Eric &gt;support Local 81