PDA

View Full Version : Local Pool Room Owner promotes gambling by yuths

jjinfla
09-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Yep, I found out that the local owner is getting the young-uns to gamble. Regular 9-ball. Payoff after each game. Have to spot the weaker players. If you break and run then the payoff is doubled. Outrageous spots.

What are they playing for?

Pushups! Ten of them per game. One guy told me he played so badly one night that he had to do 230 of them.

And the girls play too.

They have a ball. Who would have thunk that a person could get into shape at the pool hall. And it helps sober up the heavy drinkers.

Jake

tomcoleman
09-08-2003, 07:27 AM
Perhaps those who place in the money in CQ will let me do pushups in exchange for the cash - lol! Well then again maybe not - it might be easier for me to pay them. Has been many years since I was able to do hundreds of pushups.

Tom

Wally_in_Cincy
09-08-2003, 07:38 AM
I thought this post was about the Professor and li'l Sam.

Wally~~gets trounced by yutes

Kato
09-08-2003, 08:35 AM
According to the Southern Billiards site they gamble big duckets.

Kato

nhp
09-08-2003, 08:52 AM
You'd figure that after someone's arms feel light after doing 30+ push-ups that they can barely play pool anymore...

I've played for pushups with friends before, and one thing I learned was the losers KEEP losing.

jjinfla
09-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Wally, I guess you never saw the movie, "My cousin Vinnie".
Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
09-08-2003, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Wally, I guess you never saw the movie, "My cousin Vinnie".
Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Yep. Sure did. I therefore know what a yute is /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now, how long does it take to cook a grit? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
09-08-2003, 12:10 PM
"Are these magic grits?"

Barbara~~~let's see how much more we can heap on...

Rod
09-08-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm finished wit dis guy!

SPetty
09-08-2003, 12:33 PM
http://www.foxhome.com/capsule/assets/yutes.avi

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
09-08-2003, 12:40 PM
"Dead on balls accurate? What is that?"

"It's an industry term."

jjinfla
09-08-2003, 04:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Yep. Sure did. I therefore know what a yute is /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now, how long does it take to cook a grit? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well surely a good southern gentleman would never cook instant grits, now would he? And it takes five minutes for water to come to a boil.

Jake

bolo
09-08-2003, 06:24 PM
I have a challenge for you. I am completely serious, there are at least a dozen pool related topics being discussed here at any given time. I challenge you to participate in a discussion, minus any self promotion. Show us you at least will try to be a participating member of the board. Out of curiosity, do you play? Considering, I think it is a fair question.

tomcoleman
09-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Bolo -

This thread isn't about me or my promotion - it's about Push Ups. Sorry - no challenge for me in pushups.

I am not a "player" as most on this board probably are. I do however enjoy a game against friends or my children.

Jimmy B
09-09-2003, 01:58 AM
I wish they had this when I was learning, my fat ass would be running racks right now, or I wouldn't have such a fat ass. JB