PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Ring Game?

nhp
09-08-2003, 07:30 AM
What is your favorite type of money game where there are at least 3 players?

I play Liability on a snooker table at the local PH for 25 cents - $1 per point. This is usually alot of fun, but if you are playing bad it can really cost you at $1 per point, plus the pockets are barely wide enough to fit a snooker ball. A ball that is frozen or near any rail will not fall into a pocket (unless you bank it of course).

I used to play alot of Kelly Pool, which is where you have the pills with numbers 1-15. You get 3-X amount of players, each player shakes the bottle with the pills in it, and draws a numbered pill. The player doesn't tell anyone his number, and puts that pill in his pocket. The game rules are 15-ball rotation, and playing safe on purpose is not allowed. If a player pots a ball that was the same number as his pill, he takes the pill out of his pocket, shows everyone, and they all pay him whatever the bet is if you sink your number. This is very fun and exciting, and friendly.

Another game I play very often is Jimmy Ball. This is also played as 15-ball rotation, but you make the 5, 10, and 15 balls the money balls. Me and whomever else usually play at $1-2-3, or $2-4-6. This can get unbelievably expensive, the other day some guy lost about $200 playing $2-4-6 for a few hours. Some would think that you can't make much money playing this, but you really can. Say someone just broke the balls, and all 15 balls are on the table. If someone combos or caroms the 10 or 15 in, everyone pays him for what he sank, then you spot those balls back up since they were sank with the lowest money ball (5-ball) still on the table. So theoretically, someone can break, sink the 15 ball, spot it back up, then combo the 1 into it, spot it back up, then combo in the 10, spot it back up, and run out, and then everyone will probably quit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif What I love about Jimmy Ball is that everyone is supposed to shark whoever is shooting, without touching the table or getting close to the person. Usually after an hour everyone who is playing has chest pains from laughing so much. Good times /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A game I have played a few times is Rotation pay-ball. We play for $1 to whatever number it is. So if you sink the 7 ball, you get $7, if you sink the 11 ball, you get $11, etc. This is a bit more serious, so it's not really much fun.

dg-in-centralpa
09-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Generally we play 3 ball for a dollar a round. Low score wins. One ties all tie. We've had pots up to $90. Saw a guy make all three balls on the break only to scratch. He was pissed.

DG