PDA

View Full Version : Genesis, jbullerjr, pool lessons

SPetty
09-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Howdy,

First off, Orietta Strickland did a great job in raising money for the Genesis Women's Shelter with her charity pool tournament here in the Dallas area this weekend. I'd also like to give special kudos to Allison Fisher for donating her time and energy to the cause. She was a delight on both days, working the crowd, getting her picture taken, giving out autographs (it tickles when she signs the shirt just above your left breast while you're wearing it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) Also kudos to Bert Kinister for his tireless work (mostly racking for Allison's challengers) and donations of items and money. At the end of Sunday, Orietta presented a check for $15,000 to that worthy charity.

I ran into a few local CCBers there: PoolFool, jbullerjr, caedos, our new member Genie, and a new lurker or two.

Which leads me to: One of the ways the money was raised was to raffle off 7 very nice items. At the end of the day on Sunday, I was right there when the blind-folded guy pulled jbullerjr's ticket on the first, biggest ticket, item! I think it was a lovely $750 Lucasi cue that he won! Congratulations! I was right there, still, as a few pulls later they pulled jbullerjr's ticket AGAIN as he won a second raffle prize: a session at randyg's pool school!

Which leads me to: I had just about talked jbullerjr into bringing his girlfriend to PettyPoint Pool Hall on Saturday, October 4, for a group lesson with Scott Lee. I have a friend who is interested in taking a group lesson with him, and have been trying to gather interested people, one of whom was jbullerjr's girlfriend. Well, unless jbullerjr uses the pool school lesson himself, he may very well just give it to her, and then she wouldn't need the Scott Lee lesson!

Which leads me to: Are there any DFW area CCBers who know someone who might be interested in participating in a Scott Lee group lesson at PettyPoint on October 4? Of course, the lesson itself will be good, but in my book, the best part is the party afterwards! If you're interested, please PM me for additional info...

SPetty~~~geez, I sure hope Admin2 doesn't see this as blatant advertising and delete this post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
09-08-2003, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I sure hope Admin2 doesn't see this as blatant advertising and delete this post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
I think your safe, unless Pechsuer Cues is sponsoring the lesson and/or the party. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
09-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Cool,

It sounds like everyone had a great time plus all the money generated for charity. Wow I want jbullerjr on my next plane flight or just rub shoulders with him. LOL

Rod

Barbara
09-08-2003, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I sure hope Admin2 doesn't see this as blatant advertising and delete this post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
I think your safe, unless Pechsuer Cues is sponsoring the lesson and/or the party. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Geez Louise!! Give it a rest already!

Barbara~~~LMAO!!!

jbullerjr
09-13-2003, 01:21 AM
SPetty,

It was great to see you again. I had a great time and was really happy to see alot of people show up for such a good cause.

Just picked up the Lucasi yesterday.

Pretty nice cue and BONUS Allison signed the shaft.

The cue will go to my girl friend and I am going to Cue Tech.

This was truly the first time I have ever won anything worth more than $10 in a raffle.

J.

jbullerjr
09-13-2003, 01:25 AM
Oh yea,

SPetty,

I will not be in town on the weekend of the next Petty Point pool school/party, I forgot that is the weekend of the big Olathe,KS tourny.

I think my girlfriend (Laura), has to work but I will get her schedule and see if she is interested.

If neither of us make it, you guys/gals have a great time.

J.