PDA

View Full Version : MNF!!!

Barbara
09-08-2003, 08:18 PM
It's Monday Night Football and at the new Lincoln Center in Philly! It's gorgeous! And I will know how so when Pete comes home with the pics.

He got invited by the Lockheed Martin VPs to join them in their Super Box last Friday! Man, he was so nervous, but he knows some of the other invitees, so that's cool. Check out this pic - Pete, biker-looking dude with hair down to his waist (in rebellion to the Navy that he enlisted in and now works for) rubbing elbows with LM VPs. But he and I do actually know some of them "from the old days" since he's been working there for 20 years now.

The Lincoln Center has real turf and it's heated for the winter time so it will always grow!! AWESOME!!! It's a blueprint for future stadiums!

BTW, I have a virus in my laptop and may not be around for a couple days till it gets eradicated.

To everyone who is going, have fun at the Open and post when you can!!! I'm jealous!! If it still wasn't sailing weather, I'd be there!!!

Barbara~~~hates the hubby's keyboard and "Super Mouse"...

eg8r
09-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Corporate box seats rock. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope he has a blast. I had the opportunity a couple times to take advantage of the box seats at the Texas Rangers games when I was in Fort Worth (never turned one down either). It is the best way to watch the game. Nothing like sitting close to the action and getting free food (free beer for the beer drinkers, which I am not).

eg8r <~~~Does not know any LM VPs but was rewarded for good job performance /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jimmy B
09-09-2003, 02:16 AM
I sat in a box on the 50 about 10 years ago for an Eagles Cowboys game, and being a big Dallas fan I can tell you the VET wasn't a kind place for guy's wearing the Star, I'm glad I was in a box with a bunch of lawyers rather out with the masses. JB

dg-in-centralpa
09-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Anything has to be better than Vets. The only time I was at a football game was in the mid 70's for an Eagles and Cowboys game. My high school band did the half time entertainment. I stood next to Staubach and Too Tall just before we were to go on.

DG - hates the Cowboys since they beat the Dolphins in '71

Barbara
09-09-2003, 09:05 AM
Jimbo,

Know what they call people dressed in Cowboys gear at the Vet?

Dead.

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-09-2003, 09:06 AM
eg8r,

The window of the box opens and is about 50 feet off the ground. Pete got home at 1:30 am and was still stoked that he didn't come to bed until 3 am.

He's still sleeping!

Barbara

Barbara
09-09-2003, 09:09 AM
dg,

The only times I was ever at the Vet was for the 2 seasons the Stars ruled the USFL. I used to start the 'Defense" chants.

Barbara~~~section 220, row 17 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif