PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lee Lesson

DeadStroke
09-08-2003, 10:28 PM
I have been lurking on this site for over a year now and I really feel that I must post something about my recent lesson with Scott Lee. This forum is the only reason that I contacted him in the first place. He was so highly recommended that I thought "What the heck, have your first lesson in the fifteen years you have been playing this game!" Well, needless to say, I thought that I was pretty good at this game, having won all kinds of local (read: "bar banger") tournaments and generally able to run out 8-ball tables every once in a while. But Scott focused on the stroke, and I realized that I have been banging at the balls for fifteen years, not stroking them in like I should. Scott went almost two hours over our scheduled two hour lesson and I was very impressed--he loves to teach the game, pure and simple. My goal was to improve my game and play at a higher level, and now with what I learned from Scott I will be able to move toward that goal. I have never been so excited about my game and the potential that it holds.

I am not trying to promote Scott Lee in any way, but rather I am stating the best way that I can that this was the best money I have ever spent on the game of pool. If you have a chance to take a lesson with Scott, then by all means jump on it! He is a nice guy who really loves what he does, and one who also has the unique ability to impart upon his student exactly what he is trying to teach. This is accomplished through demonstration and then actual execution by the student. I was able to feel the stroke from start to finish, instead of the fast, hurky-jerky stroke that I had always used (bunting at the cue ball, in other words).

By the time I practice everything I learned, I expect that my game will have improved a hundred-fold. It is still awkward at this point, but I am sure it will gell eventually. Scott Lee is a great ambassador for this wonderful game, in my opinion.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-09-2003, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DeadStroke:</font><hr>

....I thought "What the heck, have your first lesson in the fifteen years you have been playing this game!"....<hr /></blockquote>

Not only Scott but any qualified instructor is worth the money you spend. Better to spend money on lessons than spend it on a new cue that you think is going to be the "magic wand"

Good luck breaking all those old habits /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. It won't be easy but when you see the results you'll be happy.

Bob_in_Cincy
09-09-2003, 09:53 AM
This nearly duplicates my lesson with him. He really is something.

Bob In Cincy

SpiderMan
09-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I've also played for 15 or 20 years. I've never had a lesson, but have spent many hours working from reference books and tapes. After hanging around Scott and shooting with him several times during his visits to Dallas, I finally got comfortable enough to give him my cherry. We're scheduled for (Saturday) October 4 at Click's in Dallas.

SpiderMan