PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get this training aid???

Fleece3
09-09-2003, 05:49 AM
I saw a guy in the local pool hall that had this "BULLSEYE" target piece of vinyl. He would place it on the table and practice pocketing a ball and bringing the cue ball as close to the center as possible. This seemed to be a great trainer. He left before I could talk to him about it. Those anyone know what this is called and where I can get one?

Thanks,
Floyd

P.S. I kicked ass at the hall tonight. 7-3 in 8 ball. 7-1 in 9 ball.

Karatemom
09-09-2003, 05:57 AM
I've got a game called Target Pool that has a cloth target that lays on the table. It comes with many drills to work on with the target. It is a wonderful aid, but think it's pretty hard to find these days unless you look on eBay. I have never seen a vinyl one, but if you check with the pool hall owner, you might be able to find out.

HTH,

Heide

pooltchr
09-09-2003, 05:59 AM
Go to your local sporting goods store, or outdoors type sports store and check for shooting targets. You can get them on very thin (almost tissue like) paper and in different sizes. They work very well for these drills, are inexpensive and the thin ones will not disrupt the roll of the cue ball very much at all.

Qtec
09-09-2003, 06:16 AM
You can do the same pratice by placing a couple of balls on the table and try to kiss them with the Qb after potting the OB.

Q

Fleece3
09-09-2003, 06:24 AM
WOW!!!

You guys are fast. I posted this question 10 minutes ago and already I have three replies!!!!!

Thanks Gang!!!
Floyd

RedHell
09-09-2003, 06:49 AM
I use coasters, chalks, napkins or whatever I can find. I don't see the point of spending money on this. If you need a target just draw one on a piece of paper and use it.

CrispyFish
09-09-2003, 07:07 AM
The nice thing about Target Pool is the book that comes with it, with a number of drills for working on specific skills. I bought Target Pool when it was still available by retail, at Buffalo Billiards in Cotati, CA. I think it's only available on eBay these days...

-CF

SpiderMan
09-09-2003, 09:01 AM
It's a game that comes in a box with the "bullseye" scoring rings and a book of shots. Many people consider it a good training aid for position play, and it lets you keep score to compete with friends or mark your improvement. Maybe it's available online. I bought my set at a local tournament for $15, but that was about 7 or 8 years ago.

SpiderMan