PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of food

Wally_in_Cincy
09-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Honestly, is there anything in this world better than a good Philly cheesesteak? Must be all that fat that's in it.

There's a couple places around that make a good one, Penn Station and Great Steak. I'm sure they're not as good as the ones in Philly. I was only in Philly once, in 1983, and was unaware of this particular delicacy. Maybe some day I'll return and Barbara can guide me to the Holy Grail.

Rod
09-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Wally,

It has to rank right up there on my list. There is a small place that sells them here, about a fairway wood from my house. Very tasty and I love their fries. Too bad they don't have a Sprite to go with the meal deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't need 15 extra ingredients on mine so this is about as good as it gets.

~~ rod, discovered philly cheesesteak later in life

Kato
09-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Not much wally. Philly cheesesteak with sauteed onions and mushrooms and cheese. It definitely ranks right there with chicken wings as the ultimate sports watching food.

Kato~~~and almond M & M's /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2003, 12:53 PM
We can't forget the cheeseburger with mayo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Love a great Philly cheesesteak sandwich..

I recently saw an ad on TV that featured a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza.. interesting.. got to try it..

No Penn Station (that I've found yet) in Sacramento, but this place is HEAVEN for Burritos and Tacos..

Wally_in_Cincy
09-09-2003, 01:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Love a great Philly cheesesteak sandwich..

I recently saw an ad on TV that featured a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza.. interesting.. got to try it..

<font color="blue">Domino's
----------------------------
I've had a Philly cheesesteak stromboli before. It was pretty good. </font color>

No Penn Station (that I've found yet) in Sacramento, but this place is HEAVEN for Burritos and Tacos..

<font color="blue">Now you're talkin' /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
09-09-2003, 03:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>Maybe some day I'll return and Barbara can guide me to the Holy Grail. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

Just give me a holler!! Gaetano's "Booming Fat" Sandwiches is the place to go!!!

Barbara~~~you gotta love the provolone cheese!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-10-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
.....Gaetano's "Booming Fat" Sandwiches is the place to go!!!

Barbara~~~you gotta love the provolone cheese! <hr /></blockquote>

Does this look familiar?....

http://www.lauren.atfreeweb.com/cheesesteak.jpg

This internet thing is pretty cool, don't you think /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
I think I gained 5 pounds, just looking at that thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif And that is not to mention what it did to my arteries. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll bet it is good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Wally,

That's close. Add another pound of sliced sirloin meat and you've got a Gaetano's!

Barbara