PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid rubber marks from pockets on balls

ckaustin
09-09-2003, 09:19 PM
I recently bought a used Gold Crown III. My only complaint is that the pockets are leaving large black rubber marks on the balls. We have tried trimming the pockets back and leaving them flush with the shims, which helped some, but I still get some rubber on the balls. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to prevent/fix? It is definitely not just from hitting the balls too hard, since we got the same marks after slow rolling everything. One friend thought there must be something you could spray on the pockets, like sealant, but did not know what product. Anyone ever heard of that?

Chris Cass
09-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Hi ckaustin,

I don't know if this will help but you might try lining the pocket with table cloth. Just a small strip where the balls hit. I'm not an authority but it's the best I can come up with unless you change over to leather pockets.

Regards,

C.C.

Brady_Behrman
09-10-2003, 12:36 AM
There is a set of aftermarket pockets that are a harder plastic/rubber that may work better. They fit exactly the same. I have used them and i know they are HARDER...?

Call Tony Long at 757-599-3661, tell him Brady Sent you and you want the Rabbi Deal..lol...He may charge ya double..lol

Popcorn
09-10-2003, 12:40 AM
I bought 12 sets for some GC tables I bought to resell. I got them from a company called Cin caro who supplied pockets to them and every set was just as you describe. They left marks on the cues like crayons. The next time I saw the Cin caro guy at the BCA show I got really angry about the crappy pockets and he wrote me a refund check right on the spot. He said they knew the problem and it had been corrected. Well, they sent me all new pockets and it was the same deal. On my own table I have some old original GC pockets. I have seen sets custom made from leather that were nice. Are they drop or return pockets.