PDA

View Full Version : Giving the 5

Qtec
09-10-2003, 08:22 AM
I read a post on az about some player who was getting the 5,6,7,8 and 9.

How does that work in a game?

Say I was just getting the 5. Do I win if I pot the 5?

Q

Perk
09-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Getting the "orange crush"...yea, its like it sounds, not different than getting the 7. With that said, you still have to decide based on your area's play if its the wild/called....I would hope its called.

IMO,,,I would need the 5 Out....:)

Fred Agnir
09-10-2003, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Getting the "orange crush"...<hr /></blockquote>Orange Crush is the 5 and the breaks.

Fred

Steve Lipsky
09-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Perk, the "orange crush" is just the 5 and the break.

- Steve

griffith_d
09-10-2003, 10:28 AM
I have seen different interpretations of "getting the 7" say,...some say only the 7, while with others you win anytime you make the 7 or above.

Griff

Perk
09-10-2003, 11:47 AM
For my next gambling adventure, I am going to bring along a contract with all verbage mentioned, as well as a contingency plan for the unthinkable:

1. Opponent sharking you to the brink of disaster
2. Girlfriend pops in and wants to watch
3. Pool hall is closing and the stakes you are playing for dont warrant staying open late.
4. 500.00 Custom cue breaks during play, and refuse to play with another.
5. CCB Crew walks in and starts woofin! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Could easily fill a page or two on what could happen while gambling...

hondo
09-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Somebody answer grigg's question. I don't know either.
By the way, hi, everybody.

hondo
09-10-2003, 01:28 PM
I swear I wrote griff, not grigg. Bad start.

Kato
09-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Griff, getting the 7 is just the 7. Now, the weight I need is the 7 out.

Kato~~~really, really, really needs the 6 out.

Fred Agnir
09-10-2003, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> I have seen different interpretations of "getting the 7" say,...some say only the 7, while with others you win anytime you make the 7 or above.

Griff <hr /></blockquote>In every place I've played, getting the 7 means you win with the 7 or 9, but not the 8. Getting the 7,8, and 9 as winning balls is normally called the "7-out."

Fred

Keith Talent
09-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Q, with all this curiosity about 9 ball, it sounds like you're getting sucked in. Pretty soon you'll be sporting an NRA patch at the pool hall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
09-10-2003, 02:43 PM
What ever you get, you decide before hand if it's wild or call pocket. 5 means just the 5, and 5 out means 5 thru 9. I've played games where I gave a couple of balls wild but I had to call every shot except the 9 on the break. There just ways of making a close game. The haggling part making a game might be as much fun as playing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Iowashark
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
I've never seen anyone play 5 and out. That's just nuts. You'd have to be able to run 80% of the racks in order to stand a chance. I think that in order to play somebody they would have to give you 5 and out, you probably shouldn't be playing that person in the first place.

griffith_d
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Griff, getting the 7 is just the 7. Now, the weight I need is the 7 out. <hr /></blockquote>

Last night I played "getting the 7" both ways(just the 7 and 7-out), but it was stated by the other player the same. The one that only gave the 7 must have stated it correctly.

I will always make sure of the clarification from now on.

One guy conveniently "forgot" he gave me the break and took it back after I won on 3 breaks in a row and got behind. I let him change the game,...I killed him later in the tournament and I would say he is the top three players in there. He has beaten the semi-pro(Tommy) there many times.

I guess I really had a good night.

Griff