PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever heard of Quest Cues?

8BallKick
09-10-2003, 07:03 PM
There's a company on Ebay selling a bunch of cues that are going for roughly $100 each. They claim these cues are worth $799, and they do in fact have a website with these cues on it for sale for that figure. Obviously I'm a bit skeptical about anyone selling anything for that far below retail, especially in an anonymous forum such as eBay. I asked the seller about it, and he said they just started the company about a year ago, and are just looking to get their name on the market by selling their cues very cheaply at first. This sounds feasable, but still rather too good to be true. So to reiterate: has anybody heard/seen these cues before?

Popcorn
09-10-2003, 07:34 PM
The only ones I saw listed were the Sneaky Petes for $9.99. I have a problem with them asking a $20.00 S/H fee that is always a bad sign. There are a lot of established sellers on ebay to deal with, I would pass, if for no other reason, then the gouging on the shipping.

BillPorter
09-11-2003, 06:00 AM
I have bought three Quest cues on eBay over the past year. In my opinion, they were worth about what I paid for them (a bit over $100 for models with two shafts). Workmanship and materials are no where near what they should be for cues with a retail price of $500-$700. The Website, similar to the one for KC cues, has inflated prices and I doubt anyone ever buys directly from the Website. I think the Websites exist to help the sales of the cues on eBay. Anyway, I sold two of the Quest cues for a few dollars less than I paid and kept one that had a UniLoc joint to use with a Predator shaft with Uniloc. Played with that cue for several months. I'm now playing with a KC cue I bought for $100+ on eBay. I have enjoyed trying out inexpensive cues purchased on eBay, but I know that an off-brand eBay cue for $100 is never going to be the equal of a $400 or $500 name-brand or custom cue. Hope this helps.

AndyG
09-11-2003, 09:14 AM
One of my customers showed me one that he'd bought off e-bay a few weeks ago. He paid $110, and that's probably a little high. It appears to be about the same quality as a Player or Action, and probably came from the same factory.
AndyG

tateuts
09-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Quest cues does not make cues, they import from Taiwan and China and put their decal on them. They are located in the North Hollywood, California area. They have several lines, inlay models and "transfer" cues (transfers are decals).

The inlay cues are decent but are not the quality of a low end Joss or McDermott - I would say the inlay models are worth somewhere around $100. I guess my only real objection to them is they claim their "retail values" are $599 or whatever and I consider that a fabrication. I personally think Lucasi would be a direct comparison (and a better choice).

Chris

8BallKick
09-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks all for the info from everyone. It's about what I expected, as far as being too good to be true. I was hoping an experienced player bought/used one, so thanks for the info Mr. Porter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OnePocketChamp
09-12-2003, 06:17 AM
I recommend the Quest cue for anyone that is finally tired of playing with a cue off the wall and is ready to buy that first cue. I have seen and played a few games with a few of the Quest cue models and for a first time cue buyer that doesn't want to pony up $400 or more this is a good value.
The cues look good and if you get two shafts, then for a little over $100 in my opionion you have made a good deal.