PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Gleason, the hustler

NH_Steve
09-11-2003, 05:30 AM
Two very entertaining stories about Jackie Gleason & Willie Mosconi...

http://www.songsbysinatra.com/stories/stories47.html
http://www.songsbysinatra.com/stories/stories48.html

daviddjmp
09-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Great Stories, I would have loved to be hangin' around New York City during those times-

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Wow. A bit long but excellent lunchtime reading.

I wonder how much is true. Maybe Hopster knows this guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jjinfla
09-11-2003, 11:33 AM
I wonder why they never worked a pool game into their show. Ralph was always coming up with get rich schemes and a pool hustle would have been ideal. Can you just see Ralph losing to Willie Mosconi and then Ed Norton comes in and says "Hi Willie". And Ralph asks Ed, you know this guy. And Ed replies, Sure, that's Willie Mosconi, the worlds greatest pool player. And Ralph passes out. Jake

Tom_In_Cincy
09-11-2003, 03:14 PM
AHHH.. another RSB member /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NH_Steve
09-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Lurker, actually /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Apparently I'm not computer literate enough to post there... Funny you should say that, though -- I have noticed some of the same posters there and AZ, too. 'Course it's easy when they have the same user name everywhere. You think it's a great big world out there until you realize it's just the same fanatics over and over /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith Talent
09-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Very good stuff. Romantic days gone by ... I had the pleasure of shooting a good deal in Julian's, anyway, in the late 70s and early 80s. No Mosconi or gentlemen ... top players seemed to show up in tight Jordache or Sergio Valenti jeans. The other places were history ... just one seedy basement pool room was left in Time Square that I can remember.

Thanks for passing that along.

Aboo
09-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Sweet stories, thanks for the link! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif