PDA

View Full Version : Last night at GZ

nAz
09-11-2003, 05:55 AM
I was at the Ground Zero area late last night and was looking at the Tribute of light display, after two years its still an awesome site.

two years later I still want to go off half cocked and kill... sigh

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I was at the Ground Zero area late last night and was looking at the Tribute of light display, after two years its still an awesome site.

two years later I still want to go off half cocked and kill... sigh <hr /></blockquote>

I'm still pissed.

http://www.insearchofpeace.org/World-Trade-Center/wtc-in-fire3.jpg

http://www.nooniefortin.com/images/fire-flag-wtc.jpg

I'm reading a book called The Hunt for Bin Laden. It's a first hand account of the Green Berets in Afghanistan. They tell about calling in air strikes on AlQueda and the Taliban and how the bombs just pulverized the bastards into a pink mist /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That makes me feel beter /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nAz
09-11-2003, 06:33 AM
haha I rather they capture them and make Buckwheat of them.

anyone know what I mean by buckwheat?

pooljunkie73
09-11-2003, 06:34 AM
Right now i have a Brother-in-law that's in Afganistan. I pray every night he returns.

I maybe Canadian but, if i found that S.O.B. Bin Laden i would slice his throat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kent Mc.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 07:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> haha I rather they capture them and make Buckwheat of them.

anyone know what I mean by buckwheat? <hr /></blockquote>

no

nAz
09-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Shoot them up the A hole very slow and very painfull way to die... so im told

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Shoot them up the A hole very slow and very painfull way to die... so im told <hr /></blockquote>

laser guided munitions are much more efficient /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Today at work we had 2 moments of silence: 8:45 AM which was when the first plane struck the first tower and another at 10:29 AM which was when the first tower collapsed. When I got to work this morning, they hand bagpipes playing as they brought out wreaths made out of red/white/blue bows that we all signed last year. Our flags are at half staff. Last night the blue lights were on at Ground Zero (I could see them from Brooklyn where I live) and supposedly they were being tested. Tonight, they will be on from sundown to sunup.

I remember Naz was going to give me a ride to work 2 years ago today but the car wouldn't start. We walked to the train station and looked up and noticed a ton of smoke coming from Manhattan and wondering what it was. You'll always remember where you were on that day 2 years ago.

Wendy~~~lost a bit of freedom and 2 friends

Qtec
09-11-2003, 09:48 AM
There's something about the bagpipes that gives me goosebumps.

Chin up.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 11:07 AM
This news is shocking, absolutely shocking....

Apparently a new study has determined that the air around the WTC was really nasty after Sept. 11. Who woulda thunk it.....

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Supposedly a new tape with Bin Laden on it has been found? He's toting his usual crap about burying Americans and what not.../ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nAz
09-11-2003, 01:10 PM
I forgot where i was...

Been Ladin been forgotten is hiding in Iraq with Saddam, next he might be syria or Iran. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eric.
09-11-2003, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>You'll always remember where you were on that day 2 years ago.

Wendy~~~lost a bit of freedom and 2 friends <hr /></blockquote>

9/11 was definately one of those "where were you when Kennedy was shot" moments.

I remember looking across the Hudson River at the burning towers thinking that it must have been more than a "small plane" as previously reported. I got on my cell phone and called the Morgan Stanley offices in tower 2 (I used to work there) and everyone was o.k., confused and leaving, despite the warnings to go back to the offices. To many of us remember the first bombing in 1993. I then called over to Cantor Fitz in tower 1 to ask some of the guys what was going on(I'm in the Financial Services industry and Cantor handles 25% of the Government Bond trades, so we all talk to them). There was screaming and yelling. Some guy who I never talked to answered the phone and just said "We're F-ing dying! Call help!". Help never made it to them.

Eric &gt;Lest we forget

holls
09-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I can't believe it was 2 years ago. For me I'll never forget the smell. At the time I was up on East 20th street a good mile north from wall street and the smell of burning metal was overwhelming. I remember being on 20 and 1st ave and the street was empty except for the sirens of the ambulances and the smoke billowing into the sky behind them. There were a few other people on the street and we just stared. I don't think anyone believed what we were witnessing was really happening.

I think it became real for me later on when I walked around the city and everywhere I looked there were signs and pictures of the missing and those desparately wanting info about their loved ones.

It amazes me how powerful the memory is. As I watched the ceremonies this morning while getting ready for work, the pictures of the burning towers came on t.v. and I swear I could smell the burning metal all over again.

Barbara
09-11-2003, 06:13 PM
I still can't watch or look at the pictures of the World Trade Centers burning. Or the Pentagon, either. And that field in PA where they staved off another tragedy, and gave up their own lives. It all still makes me cry and very sad that there were 3000 people that went to work that day and never came home.

That was just so wrong. What religion encourages it's all right to murder innocent people for their own religious futurity?

None. That was a trick question.

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
09-12-2003, 06:32 AM
painful memories:

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/179/793/inline/030911_remember911_14.jpg

Qtec could learn something from the Brits:

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/179/793/inline/030911_remember911_15.jpg

tribute in the heartland:

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/179/793/inline/030911_remember911_13.jpg

Tribute in Light:

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/179/793/inline/030911_remember911_18.jpg