PDA

View Full Version : Big Break and run out during league!!!

Icon of Sin
09-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Well, last nite was the first time I broke and ran out during a league match in APA 9-Ball. I have ran broke and ran out before, I think this was my 12th time doing it (yeah i keep count /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) but just felt good to do it against an actual opponent rather then just playing by myself or with a friend of mine. Im a skill level 4 and the gbuy I played is a 4 who just dropped from a 5.

The break was definately helpful in this case, dropped 4 balls on the break and was setup for the 1 into the side pocket. I was rather happy just felt like bragging (although im sure its not big news compared to what some of you guys have done before /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

jjinfla
09-11-2003, 06:52 AM
Way to go Icon!

Now of course everyone in the APA league you play in will be calling you a sandbagger. LOL

Just roll with the punches and enjoy it while it lasts.

Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Icon of Sin:</font><hr> Well, last nite was the first time I broke and ran out during a league match in APA 9-Ball.

.......Im a skill level 4 and the gbuy I played is a 4 who just dropped from a 5......
<hr /></blockquote>

Your handicap will probably go up next week. I've seen it too many times. I think the APA computer red-flags break-and-runs /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

One night in APA 8-ball I broke and had a road map out. As I prepared to shoot the 8-ball I looked over at my captain and we both shrugged. He knew what I was thinking. Sure enough the next week my handicap was raised.

Out in Vegas my girlfriend's captain ran a rack. Next match she went from a 5 to a 6. She's an ok player but she ain't no 6.

Anyway, good shooting. Nothing wrong with a bit of bragging /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icon of Sin
09-11-2003, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your handicap will probably go up next week. I've seen it too many times. I think the APA computer red-flags break-and-runs
<hr /></blockquote>

I actually hope it goes up, grant it I like it when the team wins, but I like my personal progress more, I was a 4 at the beginning of the year and my goal was to become a 5 by the end of the year. Kind of a new years resolution. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I play TAP 8 Ball also, Im a 4 in that too, but last week I beat a 7. He won the first match and I won the next 2. So I will prolly be a 5 in that tonite. But my goal was to do it on the 9 ball league. I dont like sandbagging at all, so my SL going up is totally welcome, keeps it "fair" so to speak. I like the 9ball league alot more and I like that game way better then 8 ball. Pretty much just shoot on the 8 ball league so I can keep getting experience against other opponents that I dont normally play like friends and stuff.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Icon of Sin:</font><hr>
I actually hope it goes up, grant it I like it when the team wins, but I like my personal progress more, I was a 4 at the beginning of the year and my goal was to become a 5 by the end of the year. Kind of a new years resolution. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif....... <hr /></blockquote>

That's a good attitude to have. I try to have that attitude but I'm getting more jaded all the time /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. We're constantly struggling trying to keep our Monday night team together and stay within the handicap limit. We have a good team and we all get along so we don't want to split up. Of course one of our 5's died /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif so that changes things a bit.

Aboo
09-12-2003, 11:22 AM
I feel for you there Wally. Our Thursday night team is in the same situation. Luckily, we've been able to keep our core players. But we're struggling to find sl 2's and 3's that enjoy it enough to keep playing, even if they don't win /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif