PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open, this is what we're racing against

Kato
09-11-2003, 11:51 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-isabel,0,2260817.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

I don't want you guys to blame me if this thing comes up the eastern seaboard. I promise it's not my fault.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Well lets just hope that it weakens should it come our way!

Wendy<---loves flying on rainy days.../ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedHell
09-11-2003, 12:20 PM
You'll be alright...

It look like it will shift from west-north-west to nort-north-west. Eventually Isabel will pass by the US coast, shift to East-north-east and die in the ocean.

Follow it on the National Huricane Center (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) .

Kato
09-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Still going to have to drive through a bucket load of rain. Nothing like driving in the dead of night with nothing around in South Georgia expect for creepy shadows and road kill in the middle of weather brought upon us by a hurricane. Then again, it may be that "calm before the storm" sort of effect and we might have a perfect trip.

Pardon my ignorance but are tornados inland or water spouts by the water common in Canada? I'm sure you have blizzards and major snow storms.

Kato

PS. My buddy Anthony was just granted a divorce from his now ex. Her name.............Isabel. Is it a sign?

Voodoo Daddy
09-11-2003, 01:13 PM
KATO, remember these words. When you get to Jax...HAUL ASS, ,rain or no rain. Next thing you know you'll be in North Carolina like last year!!

Voodoo~~~stickin' pins in his HURRICANE ISABEL doll

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2003, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>...... Nothing like driving in the dead of night with nothing around in South Georgia expect for creepy shadows.......

<hr /></blockquote>

Did you ever see "Deliverance" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RedHell
09-11-2003, 01:32 PM
I've never seen a Tornado in Quebec, I heard of small ones going thru the country side but nothing that really made serious damage, like in Georgia or Texas...

As for water spouts, I've seen plenty, but that was when I lived in Bermuda. We use to see prolly one a day during the summer.

In Quebec the magic word is snow. We average 12 feet of snow every winter. Blizzard are common and so are major snow storm 12 inches and more. But as we are used to it, it takes a hell of a storm to paralyse the city. A few years ago we add a major ice storm. Nothing prepares you for that, power went off for a couple of weeks in certain part of the province, even up to a month.

- 20C without electricity and heating is damn cold.

I went thru many hurricanes in 5 years in Bermuda, the worst being Felix, a grade 3, 120mph. That will lift anything two man can lift. At the airport the wind got so bad that the cars were all pushed on the same side of the parking lot and piled up. That was an interesting 24 hours.

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2003, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Nothing like driving in the dead of night with nothing around in South Georgia expect for creepy shadows and road kill in the middle of weather brought upon us by a hurricane. <hr /></blockquote>

Just be on the lookout for that Jeepers Creepers character!

Karatemom
09-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Ha, speak for yourself. We'll have no trouble since we're leaving in 2 1/2 days! We're supposed to get some weather here, showers and thunderstorms, but nothing to worry about. I just hope there isn't delays at the airport.

Since you and others might possibly be in it's path, please be careful. I would like you all in one piece when I meet you, LOL.

Heide

Rod
09-11-2003, 05:24 PM
That's a nice thought to leave him with! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cueball1950
09-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Oh well. It looks like i will be driving south right into it if it does come up the coast. Just hope the bay bridge will be open..........................Mike

Barbara
09-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Kato,

You drive carefully!!

Personally, I hated driving in the rain or snow, but that was with all the Mustangs I used to drive. Now that I have a WS6 Trans Am with Traction Control (and Hurst shifting), I have no fear of doing 80 in the rain anymore!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~professional driver... Amateurs should NOT ATTEMPT this on their own....

Here's "The Beast":
http://home.cablerocket.com/~dhigson/images/transam.jpg

p.s. my license plate is PSILUVU... coincidence?.. NOT!!!

Ralph S.
09-12-2003, 02:28 AM
Good luck to all who are traveling to the Open. Drive safe and have fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
09-12-2003, 03:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Still going to have to drive through a bucket load of rain. <hr /></blockquote>
I thought you were flying this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Obviously, the plans have been changed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kato
09-12-2003, 05:54 AM
I hated Jax last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Darn straight Big Man, flying through that place.

Kato~~~gonna eat at a Cracker Barrel in honor of my buddy Voodoo.

Kato
09-12-2003, 05:58 AM
We're a 4-some Rich. Easier to rent a van and drive. I also wanted my party to be mobile. I'm sure I'll be able to bum rides of all you guys but it's always good to have extra options. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Barbara - is your license plate influenced by The Beatles?

DG - lives in an Octopus' Garden

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Can you squeal like a pig?

DG - still gets the heebie jeebies when watching that scene

Rich R.
09-12-2003, 08:07 AM
With 4 drivers, you certainly made the right choice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
IMHO.

Kato
09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
I think so. Anyway, we'll be finding places all night to buy coffee.

Also looks like the hurricane won't get to us until Wednesday so we'll be ok for the trip.

Kato

Rich R.
09-12-2003, 01:17 PM
We will be racing it, coming from the opposite direction.

Have a safe trip and we will see you on Wednesday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
09-12-2003, 01:45 PM
I'll see you then. Looking forward to it.

Kato