PDA

View Full Version : GOT MY SPONSOR!

marek
04-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Hello people!
Today my dream has come true! I had a meeting with poolhall owner (he is also owner of big construction company) today and at the end of this meeting I found myself with sponsorship agreement in my pocket! I am REALLY REALLY HAPPY! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Conditions? Incredible! All travel expenses, accomodation expenses, tournament fees are to be covered by my new sponsor! Also new dress for tournament play will be provided by my sponsor! Free training time! Can you imagine??? Cant be more happy than this!!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif MAN! 4 months ago I wanted to stop playing pool due to major crisis in my game...Isnt it ironic?
Well, now I am among 3-4 players with best sponsorship in my country. From now its only up to me to show whats inside of me. Wish me luck!
/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
04-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Congratulations..Please let us know how you are doing on the tour.. Lots of luck..

stickman
04-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Congratulations. Sounds like a sweet deal.

Doctor_D
04-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Kudos to YOU Sir:

Dr. D.

Rod
04-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Best of luck to you Marek. It sounds great to me. The owner must see some very good qualitys in you personally, and your game. Make him proud to be your sponsor. Opportunities like this are a rare find.

cueball1950
04-09-2002, 08:47 PM
congratulatioons,,,knock em dead,,,,,,,mike

BLACKHEART
04-09-2002, 08:57 PM
What part of the country do you live in & what tournaments or tours are you playing????...JER

Tom_In_Cincy
04-09-2002, 08:59 PM
JR,

Marek lives in Czech Republic, Central Europe

Barbara
04-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Congrats and Good Rolls!!!

Barbara

cheesemouse
04-09-2002, 09:25 PM
marek,
The cheese is on your team. You have a good attitude, you are a winner and your new sponsor is lucky and smart at the same time. You will make a good team. When you come to America to beat the best we will welcome you but you better bring your 'A' game. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
04-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Why YOU,
go get'em, I'd say best of luck but looks like you have that already. Kick butt, take names and don't forget where you came from. When you do good. Remember us little guys.
My best Regards,
C.C.

04-10-2002, 12:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: marek:</font><hr> (Snip alot of smileys...) From now its only up to me to show whats inside of me. Wish me luck! (Snip more smileys...)
<hr></blockquote>

Well, congratulations are in order. Get drunk and screw some bimbo tonight, but tomorrow you have to realize it's gonna be harder to keep a sponsorship as opposed to GETTING one. You'll want to win/place in a good number of tournaments so that your "backer" doesn't loose faith in his horse.

You wanna be Secretariat, not Gluestick.

G'luck.

Rich R.
04-10-2002, 06:06 AM
Great job Marek and good luck on your tour. Will you be competing only in European events or are there plans to come to the U.S. any time soon? Rich R.~~~do you need some one to cary your cue case???

BLACKHEART
04-10-2002, 08:43 AM
I'd go watch him( or her) play, but I have to be back for lunch...JER

marek
04-10-2002, 09:04 AM
Hi Rich R.!
My plans are like this: for the first 6 months Id like to compete in Europe to get experience from competing in big tournys only but my sponsor asked me also if I like the idea of making trip to States someday. And I told him YES! But I have to get comfortable with big tournys first. So...6 months later maybe.
Thx for wishing me luck! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Marek

P.s.: I ll keep in mind your offer when I get to States! Watch for 6ft2in 220 pounds brown hair and eyes and BIG smile! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.
04-10-2002, 09:10 AM
With your size, maybe I'll let you carry your own case. LOL. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Rich R.~~~hope you make it to the States.

marek
04-10-2002, 09:11 AM
Hi Louis!
I know exactly what your are talking about. I feel that responsibility very well. But I would be kicking my ass for the rest of time if I didnt try to capitalize on this opportunity! This is really BIG chance I ll try my best not to waste it...There is of course the possibility of failure but I MUST try...
Thx for congrat! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

marek
04-10-2002, 09:32 AM
Hi Chris Cass!
Yes, you are right about that luck....BUT....I had to fight for it very hard. You know, it seems to me that I had hard time in the past a lot and sometimes I thought I wouldnt play good game anymore. Doctors said that due my back problems I shouldnt play pool. But I endured.. Lots of times I said to myself: "Why is my road of life in pool so filled with obstacles and traps?Why?" The answer was there all the time - it tought me that nothing in whole life is for free, you have to fight really hard to achieve your goals. But I agree that at one point you need at least tiny bit of luck...and I got more than that right now! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
And dont worry: even if I become great champion (not as likely as i would like /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ) I wont forget people here on CCB. You are wonderful bunch of people and I thank you from the deep of my heart!
THANK YOU!

P.s.: One tear of emotion was there on my cheek while writing this reply...You made me cry you little BA...RD! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

marek
04-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Hi Cheeeeeesemouse!
Dont worry about my game pal! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Better make YOUR ass prepared for some kicking and whipping! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Cya Cheesemouse!

marek
04-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Thanx Barbara!

marek
04-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Thx Cueball1950!
I ll make sure to knock em (down the stairs /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )

marek
04-10-2002, 09:48 AM
Hi Rod!
Opportunity like this is really hard to find, definitelly I know that. I ll try my best to make my sponsor proud. And I am proud to wear his club shirt as well...
Thx for encouragement!

marek
04-10-2002, 09:53 AM
Hi Dr.D.!
I am not sure what "Kudos" are or is but I assume that you wish me luck or something.. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Thx for whatever it is! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

marek
04-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Thx Tom_in_Cincy! I will let you know my results! Dont worry! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

marek
04-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Yeah! Sweet like chocolote! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Thx for congrat!

marek
04-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Maybe in 6 months time I ll manage to make a trip to States to compete with your best... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif So you gonna be allright with your lunch! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Cya Blackheart!

Wally_in_Cincy
04-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Marek,

That's great news! Congrats!
Are you playing straight pool only or are you also playing 9-ball?
Don't forget, if you need advice you can certainly find it here /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
04-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Hi Marek,
That sounds sincere. It only means you have heart. That's a good thing. Oh, by the way I'm no little Bast**d. I'll have you know I'm 1 inch taller than Radge. LMAO

Good Luck my friend,
C.C.~~what do you say to a guy who's 6'2" and 220 lbs.? Anything, as long as your far far away. LMAO LOLLOLLOL

MikeM
04-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Way to go Marek! I look forward to seeing you in the States soon!

Ralph S.
04-10-2002, 04:56 PM
Congratulations Marek, and the best of luck to you. I have a faith that you will do very well.
Ralph S.