PDA

View Full Version : Breaker's Billiards in Olathe, KS closes....

Aboo
09-12-2003, 10:02 AM
A very nice pool hall that has hosted a lot of tourny's here in the mid-west has closed /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Closed their doors on August 31st.

It is the only pool hall I have EVER played in that had more than enough room to play around every table in the place.

I'm just sad to see it close. I bought a nice table light from the owner though...

StLSteve
09-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Is that the one at 75th and Neuman? I played there several times when I was in Mission KS for two weeks. I didn't play on any of the small tables. The full size ones were old and massive, fast and level. They also had a snooker table and billiards table, I played a few frames on the snooker table.

When I was there it was pretty busy, even though both nights were weeknights. Its a shame to here about the larger halls closing.

dardusm
09-15-2003, 01:50 AM
That's the one. They didn't close due to poor business. Wal-mart bought their lease out to put in a store. It's too bad because they ran some nice tournaments.

Aboo
09-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Yep, that's the one. And the reasoning that the last poster posted was what I heard from the owner as well. It was a sad day, I really enjoyed playing in that hall.

StLSteve
09-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Damn Walmart /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif I guess they don't have enough of their non union, low paying, [censored] job stores. There's probably 3 or 4 within a 10-15 mile radius of that point.

Just another reason to hate those bastards.

magicman
09-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Yes it was really a nice room, I played on the 3-cushion table many times.